Highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldie

Reaction score
Hi

(i use the schwarzkopf range)

I going to be doing highlights soon which i need to clarify something.

client has previous colour in her hair. Aprox a level 8 or 9 (home kit job). She has regrowth, about 50% grey hair.
I sugguested we can use a 9.5, and i am going to use a 6% developer with a 9.4. I also suggested we do something different. Have highlights.

Ok, so i did 2 tests with schwarzkopf igora blond with 3% developer in one bowl and 6% in another. The 6% test has a small difference and i am not sure if its ok to use 9% to give more lift and a noticeable change when i am only working on levels 9. Her hair was OK with the tests i di btw.

What can u suggest salon geeks?

Hi

(i use the schwarzkopf range)

I going to be doing highlights soon which i need to clarify something.

client has previous colour in her hair. Aprox a level 8 or 9 (home kit job). She has regrowth, about 50% grey hair.
I sugguested we can use a 9.5, and i am going to use a 6% developer with a 9.4. I also suggested we do something different. Have highlights.

Ok, so i did 2 tests with schwarzkopf igora blond with 3% developer in one bowl and 6% in another. The 6% test has a small difference and i am not sure if its ok to use 9% to give more lift and a noticeable change when i am only working on levels 9. Her hair was OK with the tests i di btw.

What can u suggest salon geeks?

What is her natural depth? You won't get a true indication of a strand just in a bowl of bleach. On the head it would be wrapped and benefit from the scalp heat. I would test in foil placed somewhere warm. 6% should be fine really! ;)

What is her natural depth? You won't get a true indication of a strand just in a bowl of bleach. On the head it would be wrapped and benefit from the scalp heat. I would test in foil placed somewhere warm. 6% should be fine really! ;)

i guess i wanted to do a strand text to see her hair strength aswell, and also to see level of depth.

her natural hair is about a 7 tbh judging by the roots,

i guess i wanted to do a strand text to see her hair strength aswell, and also to see level of depth.

her natural hair is about a 7 tbh judging by the roots,

From what you have said I would say Hl when woven and wrapped should be fine with 6% the slower the lift the cleaner it will be! Hope that helps ;)

From what you have said I would say Hl when woven and wrapped should be fine with 6% the slower the lift the cleaner it will be! Hope that helps ;)

OK thank you very much for your kind advise.:biggrin:

i need it to develop slower..my speed isnt 100% yet

but out of interest, is 9% with bleach ok to use on level 8/9 previous coloured hair?

OK thank you very much for your kind advise.:biggrin:

i need it to develop slower..my speed isnt 100% yet

but out of interest, is 9% with bleach ok to use on level 8/9 previous coloured hair?

Personally I see no need! I'm sure there are geeks who would disagree. Mix per instructions it will be done! ;)

Hi sorry to hijack the post but I was wondering at college we have been told not to leave bleach on for more than 45 mins if you are using a lower vol to get a cleaner lift then can it be left on longer. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Personally I see no need! I'm sure there are geeks who would disagree. Mix per instructions it will be done! ;)

so with a 6% with the bleach u think there is need to tone afterwards? i dont fancy wasting money if there is no need?!!

(ive qualified as a hairdresser if that means anything, but i am working on my own and doing hairdressing on the side - hence the Q's:grr:)

Hi sorry to hijack the post but I was wondering at college we have been told not to leave bleach on for more than 45 mins if you are using a lower vol to get a cleaner lift then can it be left on longer. X

It won't take 45 mins babe! With 9% they'd be white in 25/30 tops! Also the OP said she's slow with foiling they would
Be ready before she'd finished the section! People generally mix bleach with too high a peroxide and don't mix per instructions!

I just mean in gereral. Im trying to get my sister lighter and its coloured already with goldwell base 6 i tried a test strand bleach with 20 vol and couldnt get it past light orangey colour it got to 45mins so i took it off. Her hair is damaged from over straightning. The salon i work said put 30vol on but i dont think i should. X

I generally use lower and then take of after 45 mins then reapply with 10vol again till 45 min or less if colour is reached.

I just mean in gereral. Im trying to get my sister lighter and its coloured already with goldwell base 6 i tried a test strand bleach with 20 vol and couldnt get it past light orangey colour it got to 45mins so i took it off. Her hair is damaged from over straightning. The salon i work said put 30vol on but i dont think i should. X

No!! Not at all x

so with a 6% with the bleach u think there is need to tone afterwards? i dont fancy wasting money if there is no need?!!

(ive qualified as a hairdresser if that means anything, but i am working on my own and doing hairdressing on the side - hence the Q's:grr:)

Not always but if you use a toner charge for it!! But also take a silver shampoo x

What bleach are you using? Do you mix per instructions? If your weaves are larger you need to work the product in a little too! ;£

Also i put my strand in a foil packet and slipped it under the sleeping labrador for warmth.

Its goldwell blue powder. She wants blonde dip dye effect.

We use goldwell at college and.we.use this bleach in the salon.

I generally use lower and then take of after 45 mins then reapply with 10vol again till 45 min or less if colour is reached.

do you do this with highlights. If so how? Sorry if thats a silly question . X

Latest posts

Back