£ for rebalace

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angyou423

Reaction score
Hi I am just updating my 2006 price list and would like some advice on prices:

I Currently charge £25 for a set of acrylics what would you reccomend for a rebalance and individual nail repar i do work from a salon although i am experienced with Acrylics i feel i could improve hence the price and will charge more once i have qualified as a master technician

Or do you think i am charging to much

Thanks

ang:p

angyou423 said:
Hi I am just updating my 2006 price list and would like some advice on prices:

I Currently charge £25 for a set of acrylics what would you reccomend for a rebalance and individual nail repar i do work from a salon although i am experienced with Acrylics i feel i could improve hence the price and will charge more once i have qualified as a master technician

Or do you think i am charging to much

Thanks

ang:p

I would do your rebalance at £20 and individual nail repairs at anything from £3-£5.
Hths

I charge £25.00 for full set. £15.00 for infills and £2.50 for nail repair.

It does depend on what you charge for whole sets as to what you charge for repairs. I charge £30-£35 for a fullset of L&P so charge £3.50 for a single nail repair. If i'm doing a reballance i will include one repair free.

My infills or reballances, i charge on a sliding scale, reason being i have had clients who think leaving it longer saves them money, but gives me more work to do.

I charge £20 for 2 weekly infills, if they leave it 3 weeks i charge another £5 and do this for ever extra week they leave it, so if they leave it four weeks its the same as a new set. i have found this discourages people taking the mickey.

Hiya!

Usually you charge about a 1/3 of your full set price for infills, take a look at what the other salons around you charge then it can give you a fairly good idea as to what to charge, if you wanted to go a pound or so lower or a pound or so higher, it's completely up to you!

xxxxxx

I'd say more like 2/3 your full set price. So if full set is £30.00 rebalance would be £20.00. xxx

1/3 of the price ??

Please please don't do that

I posted something about this in another topic that was to do with the prices of infills (£41) at a nail bar in Milton Keynes and here is what I wrote (2 posts on the subject)

I'm not the one to tell you what to do of course, but please read my posts and take them on board before you publish your prices -

If she can get away with charging £41 for infills, then good luck to her I say

No doubt those prices include VAT and the rent of her nail bar inside a shopping centre have got to be phenomenal

Infills can often take the same amount of time as a full set - I think a lot of Technicians are under pricing this service

We charge £45 for a full set in our salon, £37.50 for natural nail overlays and £30 for infills every 3 weeks

Customers don't mind paying if you are offering an excellent service

regards and Happy New Year
Gina

www.pronails.co.uk

While we are on the subject, I also think that infill prices should be reviewed across the board.

Educators everywhere, should not be encouraging their students to charge significantly lower prices for the infills.

We all know that infills are the main part of a nail techs job and there is no question that you can get fed up of doing what sometimes seems like more work for an infill compared to a full set - especially if the client has abused her nails.

1 - invest in quality education and make sure they cover infills thoroughly !
2 - continue updating yourself - if you don't, your competitors will
3 - don't cut any corners
4 - charge your worth
5 - don't just set your prices to undercut the competition - be different to them, don't just copy the same but cheaper - all you end up doing is pinching their old customers, you found yourself a new enemy and quite possibly one of you could go out of business.
This actually damages our industry - if everyone continues to charge lower and lower prices, ultimately no-one wins.
There are plenty of customers to be had - get yourself your own clients and keep your image as strong and professional as you can.

Gina

www.pronails.co.uk

i totally agree with gina, ive just opened my own wee nail bar. The town Im in hasn't another nail bar, its all beauticians and not one of them cam produce a decent set! They all charge £15 for infills but im sure they never do them for any length of time and therefore havent thought about their price. Ive had to charge the same but I also charge £3 for each broken nail. No one does pink and whites so there no such thing as a rebalance! I charge £25 for this. I think iwill put this up when Ive established myself, the thing I'd be scared of though would be out pricing myself, I suppose you have to look at what people on your area can afford to pay out on a reg basis as they will be your bread and butter in lean times. By charging more for a full set you're going to get customers who are prepared to spend a few quid on their nails and maintaining them.

Is there a kind of general rule for working out your infill and re-balance/re-whiten prices? My prices are £30 to £35 full set, £15 for infill, £18 for rebalance/rewhiten with a £3 extra charge if you go over the 2/3wks. Some clients have commented that they think my infills are too cheap but I don't know...the prices vary up here from £15 to £23 for maintenance and some places don't differentiate between infill & rebalance it's all the same price.

Oops...I took so long writing a post I missed the above posts. I think Gina has a good point. I will keep this in mind when I do review my prices.

what i tried to stick to when deciding my prices was how much i needed to bring in an hr - eg my wage, rent, bills etc and added a bit extra onto that to cover hours not with a customer. in my case its about £25 an hr so a manicure that is an hr will be £25 a ped thats an hr and a half will be 1 1/2 times £25, so £37.50. this goes for my infills, rebalances etc
hth!

Thanks for all your replys i'm gona have a long think about it :confused:

The other problem i find is if a client needs a nail soaking off and a new one put on this can take some time. 20mins some times with the soaking off and what can you charge for that.£3.50? For that 20 mins i could be making £20pounds on a hollywood wax any ideas or advice. Would you give them the last appointment.

It's not easy trying to figure out what to charge is it? I know what you mean when someone needs one or two nails soaked-off too. I usually book them last appt before lunchtime or last one of the day...just incase I need a bit extra time. If they can be repaired I opt for this first because I found it's amazing what you can actually repair!! Failing that, what works for me is soaking them off straight away using the foil method or those individual finger dippers and you can still work on the other nails. I do this and it doesn't add much (if any) time onto the appointment. I include 2 free repairs in my maintenance appointments but charge 1/10th of a full set for each repair over this. Mind you....I'm classing soaking off a nail as a repair but is really a replacement. Goodluck with your pricing....I'm off to review mine now:Scared:

We also allow 2 free repairs at time of appointment.

If they come in before that, it's £5 per nail

If they have more than the 2 broken nails at time of infill, it's an extra £1.50 on top of the £30

If you do it like that, you will find that they will take better care of their nails.

I saw a lady downstairs in the salon today - I actually knew her years ago and when she found out I had opened a salon, she booked herself in on a regular standing appt with one of my staff.

After a few months, she called me apologising that she had to cancel all the appointments, as she is a pensioner and had found some-one cheaper who would visit her at home.

OK I say - no problem, but if you ever need to return, you are welcome any time.

She had one appointment with the other Tech who charged her half the price for an infill and then today I have just seen her back in my salon.

It just goes to prove to you that people WILL pay for a good service.

She said that the other Tech was nowhere near as good, so she's back to stay !!

This is why I wanted to raise this infill pricing issue.

Gina

i always sigh to myself when someone phones and says ' i just need an infill'

they really have no concept of the amount of work we have to put in to 'just' an infill. sometimes i find them taking longer than a full set. and yet we get less money for them.:confused:

Alex Fox from Scratch happened to email me today about something and I have asked her if she can have a look at this topic for one of her forthcoming issues.

This would be great if we could get this covered in her mag

Watch this space !!

Gina
www.pronails.co.uk

Good news Gina - I agree with your points.
I currently charge £30-£35 for a full set and my rebalance price is £20 inc. 2 tips with an additional £3 per tip. I charge 2/3rd of a full set but in the next town the are charging 1/2 of a full set for fills which I think is too low.

I dont list infill's on my price list as I like to assess the nails when the client comes in. I find most clients need to be rebalanced after the 2/3 weeks anyway, as the nails grow the apex is put out of its original placement so I would rebalancing for both strength and appearance than just infilling the growth.
I have often wondered for tech's that do list infills and re-balance's seperatley do you have clients who book in for infills when they really need a re-balance because they are cheaper?
KxXx

Latest posts

Back