£10 for all my work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissa

Reaction score
:irked:i had a client today for a what should have been infills but ended up the client wanting a soak off and n/o so that is what i did took me over 2 hours i said she could have a 50% discount off the soak off .. At the end of the treatment i said happily that will be £20 today please.. She said oh i thought n/o were only £10 so thats all i got cause thats al she had.. it's a bit akward as she is a mate but i feel really abused and taken the piss out of.. i did mention that gel o/l would be £10 as im still training in those so maybe she had her wires crossed but last time she came she had a soak off as she wanted a new set and just gave me the money for the nails and not the soak off .. i feel so cheap how do i handle this situation should it arise again ???:rolleyes:the full amount should have been £30 without the discount £25 with..

you should have said ..no probs, pop it in later.

just because thats all she had doesn't change how much it is....and make sure she is aware in future of how much it will be before you start.

You have to start doing this now because if you don't it will happen over and over.

I would say that £30 is your normal price and £20 is good as she is still getting discount.......dont let her get away with it again or next time she will say ....mates rates = 0.

:irked:i had a client today for a what should have been infills but ended up the client wanting a soak off and n/o so that is what i did took me over 2 hours i said she could have a 50% discount off the soak off .. At the end of the treatment i said happily that will be £20 today please.. She said oh i thought n/o were only £10 so thats all i got cause thats al she had.. it's a bit akward as she is a mate but i feel really abused and taken the piss out of.. i did mention that gel o/l would be £10 as im still training in those so maybe she had her wires crossed but last time she came she had a soak off as she wanted a new set and just gave me the money for the nails and not the soak off .. i feel so cheap how do i handle this situation should it arise again ???:rolleyes:the full amount should have been £30 without the discount £25 with..

Yeah had this problem many times also and it made me feel bad about myself because I could not handle the situation. The first time you do will be the hardest, it gets easier after that.
I agree with previous poster - say "thats fine, don't worry, sure you can drop it in when passing or I can add on to your next appointment. Make sure your prices are well displayed and give her and everyone your price list so they don't get mixed up. Good Luck

I don't understand why mates do this, if that was me having the treatment
and only had ten pounds I would be the one that felt akward and would
be getting the money straight to them asap.
I could never rip a mate off or take advantage of them.

Well said michelle g, I would be the same.
Next time no mates rates, full price. I know it sounds harsh but you are in business.

I agree, if she is a proper mate, she would understand that you are in this to make money, not for a hobby!

Id have said what Angie said, 'no probs, pop it in later'.

My hubbies Aunt has done this to me 3 times now, infact she still owes me for a spa manicure £22, I see her everyday, and even though I dont mention it everyday, when I do she huffs as if to say 'stop keeping on', Her excuse is she forgets! She wants to book in for another treatment and I have told her she can have a slot when she pays me! Thats didnt go down to well but hey! Im not a charity!!

I wouldnt let the £10 lie though hun, you are owed that money!

yeah your all right i did feel akward i have chatted to my oh and decided to get proper price list done with my L&p fees and the trainer fees for the gel so then there will be no excuse for non payment i have 3 kids at the end of the day ! i felt really CHEAP !! if they don't don't like the price they can always go and get nss nails at the cost of their health !!! THANKS LADIES :lol:

I used to do a mates nails who expected them for free every time when I was just qualified,she gave me a Rio kit she got given for xmas,thought that if she gave me this obviously she d get free nails done.

If Id known then what I knew now about Rio, I woulda thrown it back at her.
One Sunday morning she phoned me up at 9AM to tell me her nails looked crap,I told her Id phone her back when ID WOKEN UP PROPERLY!!But I didnt !I still see her around,but havent done her nails since,I sold the stuff on onto Ebay in the end !lol...:lol:The cheek of it!

be a bit firmer and dare to speak what is on your mind. You allready know the answer to your own problems. If she is a real friend she will understand.

the thing that get's me is, if they went to work for 2 hours and was given half the money they had earnt, they'd be up in arms, they seem to think that we can subsidise them. if the shoe was on the other foot, i'm almost positive they wouldn't give you much of a discount. thg:)

Latest posts

Back