£150-£200 for full head of hair extensions including fitting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillypops

Reaction score
As the title says..... Surly this can not be good quality hair? They charge £100 for fitting so hair for £50-£100 surly this can't be rite?

I use balmaine hair and could not come close to this price.

Your opinions please xxx

This is the reason I won't do extensions, in my area that's the average price!!!!! Most I've seen have rediculas sized bonds and are horrible looking, unfortunately though round here people are happy with lesser quality for a cheaper price :-(

£150 no, but maybe at the £200 price point they could be using Indian Remy hair - maybe buying the hair for around £80-£90 ish leaving a profit margin of £110-£120 for the actual fit.

Most extensionists would find that offering Indian remy gives the client a nice quality hair that lasts 3 months, at a price point the client can afford.

My town is saturated with this kind of thing.

One girl charges £95 includes hair & fitting......... needless to say anymore. x.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

Christ, our budget range is £250 to £350 full head then they must buy aftercare (around £50) on top :|
Are there lots of horses missing their tales round the area, as I cant see hat being human hair at that price.....

Ive seen loads of people on Facebook charging between £30-£50 just for the fitting, so I guess with a budget supplier they can charge such low prices, you find that these are normally the people who have full time jobs and just do this evenings and weekends, they dont have a business to float, I charge £150 for the fitting and thought this was reasonable for the 6 years ive been doing extensions.

As the title says..... Surly this can not be good quality hair? They charge £100 for fitting so hair for £50-£100 surly this can't be rite?

I use balmaine hair and could not come close to this price.

Your opinions please xxx

As shocking as these prices may seem, I know a hairdresser who charges £35, with hair included for pre-bonded...

You will get these low budget expansionists thinking that the cheaper hair they use, the cheaper their prices are, the more clients they then receive.
It never works that way, being cheap also means being a half way solution, if your too cheap, people will only use you because they can afford you as a one off, not because they actually truly want hair extensions and can take the time out to take care of them, I personally think that its fab someone will undercharge and take them clients off our hands to be fair, because the time we spend fitting/giving aftercare/doing check up appointments etc, I do not want to waste my time on someone wanting a cheap job and will not use the correct stuff... Not very good advertisement.
I prefer my clients to say 'Justine did my hair, its amazing'
rather than 'Justine did my hair, its not all that but you cant complain for the price'
haha

I charge anything between £200 - £300 for extensions, which is the going rate for the area I am from, and I know that for my price I am supplying a good quality hair and service, rather than a horse tail with a bit of super glue ;)

Christ, our budget range is £250 to £350 full head then they must buy aftercare (around £50) on top :|
Are there lots of horses missing their tales round the area, as I cant see hat being human hair at that price.....

Just read this on a train and actually laughed out loud!! :O

I nuts because people are starting to think it normal to pay £150 for a full head ,but hopefully thay will learn you get what you pay for :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Thanks what I think client think this is the normal price and other places are too expensive, but I so agree they will only go to those place a few times before they realise there not getting the best quality hair like they are told.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. Xxx

I trained with Balmain this year and have already given up and sticking to my hairdressing...people charge very cheap prices in my area and would never pay the amount I would need just to cover the hair

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I trained with Balmain this year and have already given up and sticking to my hairdressing...people charge very cheap prices in my area and would never pay the amount I would need just to cover the hair

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I also trained with balmain and found their hair is expensive, way out of the price range for my clients/my area, come to think of it I don't even know of any salons near me who advertise balmain. Try a lower budget hair rather than give it up!? Xxx

Latest posts

Back