1 client, 2 Techs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Just wanted your opinion on this one Geeks, especially Salon Managers....

Just had an email from a lady who went to a local salon for infills on her french overlays. She's not happy with the result because she had 2 Nail Technicians working on her... 1 on each hand I presume.

Do you think its ok for 2 Techs to be working on the same person - same treatment?

No i wouldnt like it, i think everyone works differently works with different thickness, smilelines different etc.. so surely you would end up with 2 different hands?

i suppose in theory work in a salon should be of the same standard and consistant, so it shouldnt matter if two techs work on her.

but we all know this doesnt happen especially in NSS shops

I would hate that!

Not only would your nails be different on both hands but you would feel really, really uncomfortable - well I would!

I have never heard of that before!

no i wouldnt like that at all as has been said before how could you ensure consistancy?

one teks smiles could be deeper? Application thicker.

If one prepped then one overlayed thats different - but i cant see a reason (unless time) for a salon to do this??

Ambx

i wouldn't like 2techs working on my hands,everyone works differently??? shape,thickness...i'd be really upset to walk out with 2 very different hands....way to weird!!!:cry: :cry:

We get a lot of complaints about this from people who been to other salons in our area. It'd be like 2 hairdressers cutting each half of your hair, never the same!

Seen this before but only prepping. Filing for a rebalance is much quicker with one tech on each hand. But not for applying acrylic though.

Julie

I agree with the other guys here Andrea, don't think it's a very smart idea at all.

this happens in my area too, i've seen the results, and they are not good.

IMO I would, as a client, wouldn't be very happy with that as it would feel like the salon was doing a rush job because they'd over booked or something.(Not very professional).

Looking on the tech side of things I agree with the others that although if well trained , no matter how good they are, each person is bound to have a different style. Therefore odd hands.

:(

Thanks for your views on this one Geeks.

I too, agree that everyone works differently and there wont be any consistency working like this. I think this salon thinks it's doing people a favour by working very quickly...!

Latest posts

Back