22" 100% human hair best qualitiy mannequin head?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelife

Reaction score
Good morning geeks, ive just started my level 2 hairdressing after completing my level three holistic beauty therapy course last year. I have to do practice work and believe if the heads got rubbish hair it will reflect my end result. Can anyone tell me where to buy a decent head from with really long thick hair ive seen a 95% human hair 22" head on ebay thinking of getting this but want to check with you professionals first thats in the know. Im a perfectionist hence me thinking if the heads cheap the hair will be rubbish thanks for reading appreciate your reply so i can order today for college next week :)

I order mine from sallys, It was really good and long but tbh the heads are never great epesically compared to humans haha but yeh if you buying from ebay it should be fine to make sure its human hair ! Best advice i can give.

You should've had a kit list from your college and the kits normally come with 2 practice heads.

If not all the major wholesalers will sell heads. Just ask as they don't normally have them on display.

Go for 100% human hair though!

Hi, ive got a sibel jessica from salonsdirect and in terms of value id recommend her. It is fibre hair but can be coloured, permed, cut and heat styled, shes also got a full head of hair and it feels and hangs right. She is 18"

The cheap ebay heads say theyre 100÷ chinese hair (?) Not sure if its true but its certainly at the bottom dregs of hair sourcing, rough and matty (doubt its remy) and chinese hair in general isnt a good match for euro hair so its tougher to work on (colour/style etc) , ebay heads are also pretty bald!

Ive seen quality 100% human hair heads for about 80-100 £ im not sure if its worth the difference for a training head your just going to abuse

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Actually ive just had a look and they dont seem too bad in the pic, its the really ugly dolls that have the manky hair,

There's a bigger selection from jan when I ordered, it could be worth trying as its not overly expensive and you can always send it back if its not good enough

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

thanks all ive just looked at sallys will get the 20" one i think im about to start cutting so the advised 20" +! I didnt have heads in my kit as the college is private they supply but they have been well used so thought id invest in one ive a sallys card from my beauty so will be able to purchase thanks all appreciate it :)

Latest posts

Back