3d acrylic nail art..........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endless

Reaction score
Hi ladies : )

Have been noticing this 3d nail art around quite abit lately,have just done a search on it,and some of youre work is absoloutely fabulous! I wouls love to have a go, I can pretty much imagine how to do it,and also found lots of links on here, but my question is: what do i use? do i use acrylic, or ive heard the term acrylic paint being used? surely this isnt the type you can get from hobby craft etc? can someone please help? I did buy some bows off ebay,they were really pretty, but huge, solid,and would no way fit onto anyones nails, have stuck them to my nail art case,lol!!

Cant wait to get practising this! i love anything arty,and fiddly,and might take my stress away from my zone 3 practise,lol!!
thanks in advance : )
Kate xx

Yes, you use acrylic that you make nails from.

Where you have seen acrylic paint being used it is for 3 d painting. That is a a style of flat paintwork that has a dimensional appearance because of the way its shaded.

Yes, you use acrylic that you make nails from.

Where you have seen acrylic paint being used it is for 3 d painting. That is a a style of flat paintwork that has a dimensional appearance because of the way its shaded.

Hi, thanks for that!

wooo, i can get practising right away then, best put the coffe pot on,loL!! once i get started on something i cant stop!

I guess you could mix the two, been looking at some really cool pics!

I gave this a go myself the other night did some acrylic bows didn't turn out too bad , flowers not as good, a bit of practice needed! But really enjoyed it! :)

If you dont have any coloured acrylic powders you can practice with white. It works well because it sets up faster. Thats very desirable for 3d work as it helps hold the shape well.
Work with a dry mix ratio and use a small flat but pointed brush for good results.

Latest posts

Back