3D Nail Art .... Instructions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi all

My NSI Technail colour powders arrived this morning. Can anyone give me tips or step by steps on how to do the 3D nail art... ie, the flowers that Anthony and Mui do .

Thanks

Vicky

PS .. does anyone know if any other liquid monomer is compatable with NSI technail powders (other than NSI and Creative)

Hi Vicky,
To do a flower directly onto the nail, Take a small bead and place onto the nail, Press to flatten slightly and then sweep the bead in wards at the edge to create a teardrop shape. Do about 6 of these in a circle, Then take a small bead and place in the middle to make the flower head. You can then take a small green bead place at the side of the flower and sweep outwards at both sides to create a leave.
Hths

Hi Lell do you use mosic powders for this?
or do you paint them afterwards?

thanks

Hi,
I use Ez-flow Pastels and gemstones powders ;)

What i'd like to know is how do you get that "dip" in the middle of the flower petals? It makes all the difference!

flatten your brush and then use the 'sharp' side to make the 'dip' but make it quick before it sets up!!

Hi there

I have tried to do 3d nail art and have always found the tiny beads really hard to form, do they need to be really dry? I find i can make the shape but then when i take my eyes off it, they drop and lose the shape. :eek: I am there forever touching it back into petals!! Took me so long to do one flower that I would never attempt this on a paying client. :o It looked much too large at the finish anyway. I have stuck with using the colours for alternative french looks.

Julie

talontastic said:
Hi there

I have tried to do 3d nail art and have always found the tiny beads really hard to form, do they need to be really dry? I find i can make the shape but then when i take my eyes off it, they drop and lose the shape. :eek: I am there forever touching it back into petals!! Took me so long to do one flower that I would never attempt this on a paying client. :o It looked much too large at the finish anyway. I have stuck with using the colours for alternative french looks.

Julie
I went off and tried to make a 3d flower and the same thing happened to me. Is there are trick with the powder ratio?

Yes there is!!!!!

I take half liquid en half asseton.
when you make the bol , the asseton is ehhhhh, ppf how do I explane this.....
flying oway from the penseel,so you have the perfect bol for making the flower.

I hope you understand this :) :)

Hi Vicky
try this link. Its in another language but its the video you download (its takes ages)and watch her do encapulsed art. I found this more useful that reading instrutions.lol

http://www.nail-nails.com/gallery/vod.asp

Hi the site looks fab but I couldn't get the video to work.

The video is great! I finally "get" how to make a 3d acrylic flower. It did take a really long time to load the video but it was worth the wait.

When you start your 3D art, you dip your brush in your monomer like you would normally, then wipe a few times on the side of your dish, then also lightly touch your brush once on a piece of couch roll, then you pick up your small bead.

You really have to work very dry or depending on what product you use, you will find it leveling itself before its set so loosing the shape you want.

I would recommend using a fast set powder when doing 3D stuff otherwise its extremely time consuming. Hope this helps.

i don't understand jolan's post about using monomer and acetone...can anyone please explain this...?
thanks

Sorry :(I used the translation machine I hope this works for you ;)

The intention is that you do in your dappendish half monomer and half acetone . Then you seize a ball color acrylpoeder. In the time that you make the flower on the nail fleeted the acceton from the brush and remains the monomer over. The result is that about it then precise enough monomer is left to the ball just too models. The ball walks then not through round that it too wet is.

thanks jolan! i understand this now - i think!

Yes!!! :) :)

Just try it :)

I don't ... could you please try to explain as this sounds quite interesting !!
Thanks

Vicky x

jolan is saying 'use a mix of 50% monomer and 50% acetone on your brush, and as the acetone evaporates very quickly, it leaves just enough liquid to get the corect consistency for 3 d work.' i think.
p.s if you want to take a look at my latest 3d work, go to beautytech.com and in strut your stuff 04 mixed media junior category i am entrant no 10 the chinese style nails with the chopsticks.

talented talons said:
When you start your 3D art, you dip your brush in your monomer like you would normally, then wipe a few times on the side of your dish, then also lightly touch your brush once on a piece of couch roll, then you pick up your small bead.

You really have to work very dry or depending on what product you use, you will find it leveling itself before its set so loosing the shape you want.

I would recommend using a fast set powder when doing 3D stuff otherwise its extremely time consuming. Hope this helps.
I had a go at the 3d flowers today using your advice and the help of the online video and i think i finally got it!! Of course i still have a lot of practicing to do before i get a decent looking flower but i did manage to make a few near perfect petals. Now i just have to work on making them smaller.

Latest posts

Back