5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wellyb

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Yesterday I began the Fast Diet otherwise known as the 5:2 diet. Anyone else tried it and got any top tips?

What does that consist of?xx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Two non consecutive days of fasting that is 500cal spread over breakfast and evening meal, then eat and drink pretty much what you want for the rest of the week

I know this is an old thread,

How did you find it? Do you still do it? X

It is fab, I have been doing it for over a month and have lost about 8lbs maybe more, but I have been doing exercise too xx

It is fab, I have been doing it for over a month and have lost about 8lbs maybe more, but I have been doing exercise too xx

Fab :) how hard are the 2 days? X

My husband and my friend have been doing this. He said the starve days are ok just keep busy. He treats himself to sushi that day so he actually looks forward to it. I dont know how much weight he has lost he refuses to weigh himself lol. His friend has lost of 2 stone! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My Stepdad had been doing it for about 3 months and has lost 2 and a half stone. You get use to the 2 low calorie days and there are plenty of low calorie meals that are yummy because I have to have them at the same time. It's helpful to have someone do it with you and you don't have to miss out on too much with the other 5 days. The calorie counter app for the iPhone really helps too, my fitness pal I think it's called. You just scan the bar codes and weigh a few things. And gives a rough guide on protein, fat and carbs. And you can get extra calories when you put in an exercise thing.

Might not help but hope it does.

Honestly they don't bother me now, I have breakfast and dinner on fast days and use the hairy dieters book for yummy recipes :) xx

Hi guys yes I'm still doing it, find it really easy as long as I keep busy. I've lost over 1 and a half stone now. Really pleased but long way to still go.

Wow this sounds great, must try it... are there any other rules/dos and donts ??

Would love more info too please! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Are you allowed more calories on the fast days if you exercise, just with a pony and three dogs I think I'd collapse with just 500 calories!

Day 1 for me tomorrow! I'd like it to be a fasting day, but I haven't planned what to eat :( x

Honestly it's not that bad, I sometimes to do my fitness class's on a fast day and just have my dinner after, I try to have salads or homemade soups in fast days.

I got the book for my kindle, it's only cheap and explains it in depth and gives meal plans and reviews on the plan.

I'm fasting today so had a small portion of cereal and having chicken salad for dinner about 5/6 the idea is to fast for as long as poss so have either breakfast and dinner or save all cals till dinner, lots of water and green tea :) xx

Honestly it's not that bad, I sometimes to do my fitness class's on a fast day and just have my dinner after, I try to have salads or homemade soups in fast days.

I got the book for my kindle, it's only cheap and explains it in depth and gives meal plans and reviews on the plan.

I'm fasting today so had a small portion of cereal and having chicken salad for dinner about 5/6 the idea is to fast for as long as poss so have either breakfast and dinner or save all cals till dinner, lots of water and green tea :) xx

Well, I'm on day 1 ! I really haven't planned my day at all! I have no idea what in going to eat lol. I last ate at 4.30pm yesterday! I am at work now, have not had any breakfast and have brought nothing with me to eat, other than an apple!

What should I have? Shall I have my apple about 10ish and then save my cals for tea tonight?

Argggh! I should have been more organised, but it's so hard because I'm so fussy! I just don't know what to eat. Lol!

Xxx

Think I will have to start mine when the boys are back at school and uni, they eat soo much and I haven't the will power until they are gone :)

Well, I'm on day 1 ! I really haven't planned my day at all! I have no idea what in going to eat lol. I last ate at 4.30pm yesterday! I am at work now, have not had any breakfast and have brought nothing with me to eat, other than an apple!

What should I have? Shall I have my apple about 10ish and then save my cals for tea tonight?

Argggh! I should have been more organised, but it's so hard because I'm so fussy! I just don't know what to eat. Lol!

Xxx

Lol yep bring organised does help but I think when you in that frame of mind that you want to go for it then go for it, soups are quite low cals usually, do what your comfortable with obviously don't go crazy and pass out, not good ;) Maybe get a salad for lunch? My fitness pal is good for finding out calories. xx

Do you do the 2 fast days together ? Do you still watch what you eat on other days or can you eat what you want ? Sound good to me :) x

No I tend to do Monday and Thursday and yep you eat what you want on non fast days but I never go ott but do have wine and choccy in moderation :) xx

Latest posts

Back