A change will do you good!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspirations

Divorced Geek
Reaction score
I have been thinking lately :rolleyes: about my metro, mosaic and variety of other powders not being asked for much. My clients don't see them in my drawers and although I tell them about it...they seem to stick to classic french.

From my point of view, people won't ask for what they can't see...So, I was thinking of how to display them.

I decided, that I would print all the names of powders on A4 sheets, including blends that I may have created.

Then, Place a bead of each on the centre of the transparent forms, (the little bit that you think, ooh that might come in handy one day!).

Stick that next to each name and place in a file or on the wall, available for all to look at. :biggrin:

Tell me if you think it is pants...but, I just thought it would be a good, quick reference for clients to see, rather than wasting time doing tips or popsticks with it on!!

Sounds like a great idea to me, then they will ask whats that all about, generate conversation and they will be able to hold your little bead to there skin to see a possible match...Nails Designed and Mixed especially for them, that would appeal to me. xxx

I like the idea - the only problem I can see is that they won't see the finished article - when I did my silver glitter tips I was quite disappointed with them until I buffed them up with my koala and girlfriend and they started to sparkle :Love:

You'd be better off sculpting a big square or nail shape and 'finishing' them so they could see the depth of colour and shade etc. - You need a range of mosaic sized tiles in the colours

Does that make sense????

NailStyle said:
Sounds like a great idea to me, then they will ask whats that all about, generate conversation and they will be able to hold your little bead to there skin to see a possible match...Nails Designed and Mixed especially for them, that would appeal to me. xxx
That was the idea..!! :biggrin:

I saw GMG using them at the CND stand to hold next clients skin..and it got me thinking!!

cheers xxx

Trinity Nails said:
I like the idea - the only problem I can see is that they won't see the finished article - when I did my silver glitter tips I was quite disappointed with them until I buffed them up with my koala and girlfriend and they started to sparkle :Love:

You'd be better off sculpting a big square or nail shape and 'finishing' them so they could see the depth of colour and shade etc. - You need a range of mosaic sized tiles in the colours

Does that make sense????
Ooohh yes I like that idea!!!

Hi everyone,

I have a small pallete (bought from ellisons for a couple of quid) that I have put blobs of each colour of acrylic on, then to make it shiney I put some Brisa finishing gloss on the acrylic and cure.

The end result is fab shiney blobs that don't peel off like they will on forms (since that is what is supposed to happen with a form)

HTH

Sarah

Sarwaa said:
Hi everyone,

I have a small pallete (bought from ellisons for a couple of quid) that I have put blobs of each colour of acrylic on, then to make it shiney I put some Brisa finishing gloss on the acrylic and cure.

The end result is fab shiney blobs that don't peel off like they will on forms (since that is what is supposed to happen with a form)

HTH

Sarah
have you got any contact details for these?

Hi again,

their website is http://www.ellisons.co.uk/

the pallets are under the salon essentials section of the online catalogue and are product code AP512 at £1.75 + VAT each

You can get loads of colours on one pallete and I tend to group them in colour order e.g. all the metallics together.

Sarah

My idea was pants!! I just tried it and you are right it doesn't give the right effect. Just ignore me...I'm having a bad month..I should go back to my home planet.

I still think it would be nice to have all of the shades in a catalogue form for easy reference...but maybe coloured pictures are better.

Anyway...for now, I think I'll stick to me popsticks!!

Hey there - why dont you just do a set on yourself - wearing them will certainly create conversation , show off the finished product and everyone is gonna look at your nails-especially when u r doing theirs !!!
If you give it a go - keep me posted as to how you get on !
Good luck
jayneymxx

inspirations said:
My idea was pants!! I just tried it and you are right it doesn't give the right effect. Just ignore me...I'm having a bad month..I should go back to my home planet.

I still think it would be nice to have all of the shades in a catalogue form for easy reference...but maybe coloured pictures are better.

Anyway...for now, I think I'll stick to me popsticks!!

jayneym said:
Hey there - why dont you just do a set on yourself - wearing them will certainly create conversation , show off the finished product and everyone is gonna look at your nails-especially when u r doing theirs !!!
If you give it a go - keep me posted as to how you get on !
Good luck
jayneymxx
Funny enough, I have just gone off and done my own...I have never used intense pink before, so I though I would give it a go on mine and I can't stop looking at it...Its so, ....well....intense!!

Latest posts

Back