A confused newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niamh King

Reaction score
Evening, panic stations. I'm on day 3 of a gel tip course. Brand new to all thing nails.we need to Have 6case studies done asap. Problem is I've run out of the user long welled tips the trainer provided. What she did give are wellless ones. They almost look like full stick on nails. I'm not sure where to place on nail or how to blend

DSC_0294.JPG we've been using the top ones. It's the bottom row I'm clueless about

thank you
You would place it the same as the full well, so it clicks at the free edge. You will find there is much less filing needed with these tips, but still blend them carefully so you can't see the join.
I've a feeling I'll be using these threads alot! so out of my depth, only wanted to sign up for 2 week gel polish course! anyway.................these ones wont click as there is no well - it's the row of 10 nails in the picture.

Do I place them where I place the welled ones and cut to size like the welled ones? They are more see through can I use them as natural look or will I have to do french white tips? my guinea pig is going to a wedding on friday so I'll really have to try my best! All other guinea pigs don't need perfect nails!

I double checked your picture and I was looking at the wrong ones.....if it's the full row you're referring to then they do appear to be full nails and not normal tips. I would speak to your tutor and get advice.

Perhaps you could cut a well out?

Perhaps you could cut a well out?
Thanks, the well less wasn't bothering me just that they're such a different shape to the other tip types.
Also do you all do 1 nail at a time? Would it be quicker to glue the nail on all 8/ 10 fingers then do them 1 by 1 and while 1 is under the UV another one could be sculpted/gelled.

Well yes, glue on and blend all the tips , then proceed with product.

Well yes, glue on and blend all the tips , then proceed with product.
I know I'm only training and have just done 2 case studies, 4 more needed by Monday, but it's taking me 2 hours 50 minutes. It just seems 30mins of that is curing alone!

That's how it is at first. Who are you training with?

That's how it is at first. Who are you training with?
Fiona morris through IBHT, an Irish beauty college. Artisan is the brand we're using. The course was meant to be 4 consecutive Mondays, but has become monday Tuesday and the next Monday Tuesday, it's alot of case studies to do in 5 available evenings

It's very hard starting out, especially if the training isn't spectacular. Just do your best and stop worrying about timing. My nail instructor used to say to us "I'd rather see one perfect nail out of ten than ten half perfect nails"

Fiona morris through IBHT, an Irish beauty college. Artisan is the brand we're using. The course was meant to be 4 consecutive Mondays, but has become monday Tuesday and the next Monday Tuesday, it's alot of case studies to do in 5 available evenings

Niamh,
Do you mind me asking where abouts in Ireland you did your course?
My beauty tutor was also called Fiona Morris [emoji87]

Latest posts

Back