A levels/courses/grants pleaseee help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhance1000

Reaction score
Hi,

Please can someone help or give me any advise?
I am 21 nearly 22 and I am currently looking into going to college to complete my A levels as Ive regretting never doing so for the last few years!

Just really wanted any advise on what it's like being an adult learner? Whether there was any help available to you ie funds/grants as I still have bills to pay so without help it wouldn't be possiable :rolleyes: also without help there is no way I could leave my full time job!! unless courses ran in the evenings?!?! which I'm not sure they do!

Another idea is a home learning course?? Although I've never been keen on these as I don't think I would learn as much!! So any advise on these really? Also I would be worried that if I ever did want to go onto Uni that they would frown upon this way or learning?!?! I don't know.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks
Laura :green:

Hi,

Please can someone help or give me any advise?
I am 21 nearly 22 and I am currently looking into going to college to complete my A levels as Ive regretting never doing so for the last few years!

Just really wanted any advise on what it's like being an adult learner? Whether there was any help available to you ie funds/grants as I still have bills to pay so without help it wouldn't be possiable :rolleyes: also without help there is no way I could leave my full time job!! unless courses ran in the evenings?!?! which I'm not sure they do!

Another idea is a home learning course?? Although I've never been keen on these as I don't think I would learn as much!! So any advise on these really? Also I would be worried that if I ever did want to go onto Uni that they would frown upon this way or learning?!?! I don't know.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks
Laura :green:

hi laura,

i think going back to college is a very wise move, just dont make the same mistake i made.
after working as a beauty therapist for 3 years, i attempted to go back to college at the age of 21 to complete my A levels, i was put into a class with 17 year olds, as it was the only full time option avaliable to me.
BIG MISTAKE!! i think i lasted all of 3 months, there is a world of difference between the mind of a 17 year old and a 21 year old.
i wish now, they had offered me the access to higher education route as i personally feel this would have been much better suited to me at that time.
Im 29 now and still regret not completing my A levels when i had the chance.

im not sure if the evening class route is such a great thing as, you would have to have alot of self disipline to drag yourself to college after a hard days work and the possibility of skipping classes might be higher.

maybe give your local gateway or education service a call/ visit to see what benefits would be available to you as a full time student.

good luck with it

lisa.x:)

Thank you so much for your advise.

In an ideal world I would love to go to college full time as you also get the bonus of completing the course in a shorter space of time. I just worry about the money side of things.

I will contact the closest college near me and find out whats available.

Any more advise etc I would find most helpful :green: x

Thank you so much for your advise.

In an ideal world I would love to go to college full time as you also get the bonus of completing the course in a shorter space of time. I just worry about the money side of things.

I will contact the closest college near me and find out whats available.

Any more advise etc I would find most helpful :green: x

Latest posts

Back