acne rosacea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In your shoes, I would speak to her dermatologist, if at all possible, to find out which of your products would best suit her. OR the nearest available dermatologist.
While Acne-Rosacea sufferers suffer similarly, some are slightly different than others.

And every product line is different too.

In same cases, an ingredient -while on the 'no/no' list - may be such a small quantity as to not be worrisome.
Did that make sense?

If you can get this to work, and work with her dermatologist; you MAY wind up with referrals of other rosacea sufferers.

I WISH I could find an esthetician in my neighborhood that be bothered to speak to my dermatologist to find out the best way to proceed. If I could, I'd be getting facials regularly, which in all likelihood, would benefit my rosacea.

So far, I find estheticians that all swear that 'THEIR' line is the best and the least damaging/irritating.. and guess what? They were all wrong.:cry:

daily resurfacer????? oh my goodness, that is dermalogica's strongest aha exfoliator, it is leave on! it shocks me that a salon would prescribe that for someone with acne rosecea?

becki xxx

That, and the 'dermabrasion' scrub from the Avon Anew line.
DOesn't the Anew line contains AHA's?

It is my understanding that some AHA's are ok, but this can vary between product lines and individual products. Though enzyme exfolliation is more benefiticial.

DOesn't the Anew line contains AHA's?

No, not all of the anew line does.
It depends which "portion" of it. The Anew line is divided into 4 groups of products, for different types of skin.

Just the phone the Dermalogica UK head office in surrey (same number as orders) and there is an option for queries. You need to give them our account number first and then they will take you through all the correct products to use and retail. They are always very helpful when i call.

Keep me posted about dermalogica, I'm always looking for something that works without aggravating.
:hug:

:)Just an update for all!!
I have phoned the Dermalogica helpdesk and was advised the following!!: -
use the Environmental treatment Facial for Acne Rosacea clients but use the LESS rule - less time less friction less product - no heat/steam.
Daily Resurfacer is fine to use for a home product if client is happy with it but advice to use only 1-2 times a week otherwise use Daily Microfliant twice a week. !!
so now we know!! hopefully my client will be happy with the results!!
thanks to all of you - lalacm especially - I will recommend Sheer tint redness relief as a home product!:)

Hiya,

No one has mentioned IPL(intense pulse light)?
This is a great treatment for Rosacea and Acne plus much more, I use this system in my clinic, great results so far.

Good Luck

Jen x

Latest posts

Back