Acrylic Assistance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
Hi, as some of you know I'm still new at this and I wanted to ask a quick question.

Everytime I use acrylic and after i've blended etc, small bubbles appear underneath. I know they're not there before I apply the acrylic, there are no air bubbles under the tip and I am constantly clearing the tissue under the clients hand as at first I thought it might be dust from filing etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions??? getting a little frustrated..(",)

I've been asked to represent the group in the new year for VTCT to come in to assess, so I need to sort this before hand otherwise I'm sticking to fibreglass/silk lol.

Hi Sarah,

I love these grey teddy bears LOL.

The air bubbles could be caused by various things - air in your brush - you need to submerge your brush in your liquid and push out all of the air from the bristles.

Also if you work your product on the nail too much you could be causing the bubbles.

It is a very difficult thing to try and work out the solution without seeing what you are doing.

Hope this helps a little.

Hi Fiona thanks for replying.

Removing air from the brush was something that we've been told about so this is something I do, is there anything else?
Sorry to be a pain x

Couple more possibilities: press the overlay, don't pat, let the bead 'melt' for a second or two before pressing it, don't have ratio too wet or too dry.

Marian

Hi there

I used to get this problem when i started to play with my L&P too quickly, now i leave it for a few seconds before moving it and i don't wipe my brush in between either.

Hope it helps
x

Latest posts

Back