acrylic brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gembo said:
thanks for the advice,with being nw to the industry i,m not aware of all the other brand names yet,so i,ve been sticking with nsi and star nails

Hi Gem & welcome...

Who did you do your training with? I would have thought if you ring up your educator they should help you by giving you the phone number for the sales dept or advise you atleast.

:Love:

thanks jo,i have been to the new nsi wholesalers in manchester i bought a kit from them and the brush in it was a no 6 , i think i,ll try the no8

bekster123 said:
Hi Gem & welcome...

Who did you do your training with? I would have thought if you ring up your educator they should help you by giving you the phone number for the sales dept or advise you atleast.

:Love:
the nsi products i am using are great its just i couldn,t get the right brush that i felt comfy with,i,ll give them a ring though and see if they can help me more

thanks beks

gembo said:
thanks jo,i have been to the new nsi wholesalers in manchester i bought a kit from them and the brush in it was a no 6 , i think i,ll try the no8

Your welcome!
Glad I can help.
At least you know what tp ask for when you ring.
I havent been to the new place yet, just the old one, it was still a fab place.
Why dont you sign up for the news letters? They have open days and special offers on.
I went to an open day with Vicki (fingertips nd) and it was good to watch the educators at work, and it was lovely to watch all the nail art too.

gembo said:
the nsi products i am using are great its just i couldn,t get the right brush that i felt comfy with,i,ll give them a ring though and see if they can help me more

thanks beks

I'm in the same position as you... the brush that came in my kit is a 6 & too small for me now... my educator said she uses one from Millenium no.8 or no.10 & told me to get one of those, havn't yet tho

Good Luck in your search

xxx

NoticeableNails said:
Your welcome!
Glad I can help.
At least you know what tp ask for when you ring.
I havent been to the new place yet, just the old one, it was still a fab place.
Why dont you sign up for the news letters? They have open days and special offers on.
I went to an open day with Vicki (fingertips nd) and it was good to watch the educators at work, and it was lovely to watch all the nail art too.
i went to nsi last week the lady there was very helpful,she told me all about the open days and the courses they do i,m going for the elec drill course in a few week ,there doing an offer that if u buy a drill u get a fifty pound voucher towards the course fees:Love:

brushes are an expensive experiment, so make sure you have a look before you buy, i prefer an oval brush (pre-crimped ferral.....the silver or gold bit) with slightly longer bristles, (i'm more a patter of product, rather than a wiper, after a while you will feel more comfortable with a larger brush, i now use a size 18 flattened (or fanned) it's almost half an inch wide, each to thier own, but never be frightened to try something new, first time i saw a flattend brush i freaked out, that was 15 years ago and i've never looked back, flattened brushes make more sense to me, whereas others feel comfortable squashing a ball with a point, to me it makes more sense to pick up a strip of acrylic and pat it into place the whole width of the nail

nailzoo said:
brushes are an expensive experiment, so make sure you have a look before you buy, i prefer an oval brush (pre-crimped ferral.....the silver or gold bit) with slightly longer bristles, (i'm more a patter of product, rather than a wiper, after a while you will feel more comfortable with a larger brush, i now use a size 18 flattened (or fanned) it's almost half an inch wide, each to thier own, but never be frightened to try something new, first time i saw a flattend brush i freaked out, that was 15 years ago and i've never looked back, flattened brushes make more sense to me, whereas others feel comfortable squashing a ball with a point, to me it makes more sense to pick up a strip of acrylic and pat it into place the whole width of the nail
thanks for the advice,i have got a flat brush so i think i,ll give it a go.

Did you ring the cash and carry? theres a lovely lady called deb who knows her stuff, just looked in my brochure and they do a no 8 grand, £13.95 to be precise! hope i'm doin this stuff right, first time! xxxx

looby lou said:
Did you ring the cash and carry? theres a lovely lady called deb who knows her stuff, just looked in my brochure and they do a no 8 grand, £13.95 to be precise! hope i'm doin this stuff right, first time! xxxx
hi looby, congratulations on ur new salon it looks great i go to cash and carry everyday so i drive past it.i,ve been to nsi today and bought the n08 i,m not sure what the lady was called but she was very helpful.
i.ve tried the brush and the nails look better already.:Love:

Oh my god! my first reply! thanks x do u mean u go to bookers cash n carry? did u see state of shop b 4?!

looby lou said:
Oh my god! my first reply! thanks x do u mean u go to bookers cash n carry? did u see state of shop b 4?!
yes i mean bookers i have a newsagent shop in howebridge.
u must have done alot of work to it it used to be a gas bottle shop,it looked in need of updating.

well it was that bad that the day we got the keys i stood in it and cried! but after 2 wks of my fantastic fella slogging his guts out night and day we managed to get it looking half decent! however........we'v still got the upstairs to do yet!! Good luck with the new brush, if u'v ever got a minute feel free to call in for a brew or if your stuck on anythin nail wise I'l do my best to help xx

looby lou said:
well it was that bad that the day we got the keys i stood in it and cried! but after 2 wks of my fantastic fella slogging his guts out night and day we managed to get it looking half decent! however........we'v still got the upstairs to do yet!! Good luck with the new brush, if u'v ever got a minute feel free to call in for a brew or if your stuck on anythin nail wise I'l do my best to help xx
:biggrin:
thanks for that i will when i get a spare minutexx

well done clairelee69...
you made me laugh with your replies.....

good luk with the new brush, now u have the one u want.
the edge sculpt brush no 8 is good as well, can get on beauty4nails.com

Latest posts

Back