Acrylic glitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliecorbett

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks! Wondering if anyone can answer my question, I'm fairly new to acrylics and would like to start using my glitters and coloured powders, Do I mix them with clear or pink acrylic powder and what ratio should I use?

Hi fellow geeks! Wondering if anyone can answer my question, I'm fairly new to acrylics and would like to start using my glitters and coloured powders, Do I mix them with clear or pink acrylic powder and what ratio should I use?

I like to mix mine with Clear powder and no more than a 1:3 (1 part glitter/additive to 3 parts clear powder) ratio 😊 xx

Thank you :) also if you don't mind me asking do you do that by picking it up on the brush on is that in a mixing pot? I must sound so think lol

I premix mine with clear acrylic, 1:3 ratio as above

Thank you :) also if you don't mind me asking do you do that by picking it up on the brush on is that in a mixing pot? I must sound so think lol

I like to pick up a bead of acrylic on my brush then dip it into the glitter instead of mixing it in a pot, I find that you can make the nails much more glittery this way.

When I apply the bead of acrylic and glitter, I press the clean side of the brush onto the nail and then roll it out from under the bead before I start moving the acrylic into shape with my brush. That way all the glitter is on top : ) then I cap it all in a thin layer of clear acrylic so when it's all buffed and filed down the glitter stays shiny

Hope that helps

That's great thank you so much 😘

Latest posts

Back