acrylic going yellow? help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiekutlet

Reaction score
:eek: Hi, ive been using the creative retention + l & p on a few of my clients and they have come back saying that their nails have gone yellow.

Has anyone else experienced this with this system?

Can anyone tell me why?

KAT X

how long have you had your brush hun

about 4 weeks x

These would be the most likely causes -

Contamination -
brush with product in it (stored upright, or downwards will do it!)
liquid (keeping it in the dappen dish, ie, not fresh each client, putting it back into the bottle. Put out only what you need and throw out any unused)
Primer, acid based primer will definatly cause yellowing, you don't need it!!!
A top coat, or other product over it that has actually yellowed.

Retention+ does not yellow, something else has caused it. Hope that helps...

Sounds like contamination....VERY occasionally you may have yellowing due to fake tan products, etc. but not as a regular thing...only prob is, contamination would normally show itself immediately it starts to set...did you see ANYTHING at application time?
Another question would be....did you use primer, normally you wouldn't with Retention, but maybe you did for some reason???????

no didnt use a primer and didnt see anything when i was applying it? i thought it may have been something to do with the top coat? one girl i did went on a sunbed and after they looked yellow which i knew they may have done but didnt think they would have gone bright yellow after 1 sunbed?

however the other girl hasnt done anything with them?

Hi Katie,

Many top coats do not cope well with a Massive overdose of UV - ie tanning beds. Sounds like that's the culprit, not your liquid & powder. Try not using it and bringing them to a high shine without. Alternatively try changing top coat.

Latest posts

Back