Acrylic Usage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fakeit

Reaction score
Is it ok to mix differing brands of acrylic liquid and powder or should
I use the same brands for both?

you really should stick to one brand. they don't pay the chemists all that $$$ for nothin', ya' know?

It is a good thing you asked first! It is a big no no to mix different brand powder to another brand liquid. The chemicals reactions would be totally different and it could cause allergic reactions, dermatitus to name 2. The monomer and polymers and catalysts etc are made to be compatable with each other, otherwise the polymerisation can go on and on and on which is not good. I have seen what this can do and it isn't nice.

L & P may seem the same because of the way they look but they are not. Always stick to what the manufacturers advise and stick with the system.

Take care xx

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly, I was pretty sure you shouldnt mix but needed to hear it anyway.

Bye!

X

i know most brands of liquid and powders shouldnt be mixed but ezflow acrylic powders are universal and can be used with any brand of monomer

stanleyann

It's so funny, i was going to ask this same question.

As far as I understand it, some brands are supposed to be compatible with others BUT, if a chemical reaction should occur that would result in a problem, then you would not be covered by your insurance if a client tried to sue. Stick to one brand at a time!

Latest posts

Back