"Acrylic wrecks your nails"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessNails

Reaction score
Right...I know we all have to deal with this and it drives us mad when we hear it but can someone point me in the right direction for a paragraph that sums up a good response to the above statement from potential clients? Preferably with some scientific reasoning or something to it? Failing that I will of course write my own response, just wondered if someone has one pre prepared for the amount of times we hear this lol. xx

i'd say yes it probably will if it's cheap products, badly applied and removed incorrectly but seeing as i use quality products and know what i'm doing there shouldn't be a problem.
hth

That's right. My standard answer is "acrylic doesn't damage your nails but bad application and bad removal does, I've worn l&p overlays for 16 yrs and my nails are healthy and strong when I do take it off."
I then ask where they have had them done before, it's normally a NSS so I then talk them through the reasons why their nails have been wrecked by such "techs"! x

Latest posts

Back