acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudi

Reaction score
Hi, how do you practise doing acrylic?
as im doing my 1day course on sunday and just wondering how do you practise as i dont want to practise on my nails as i will have to keep takin the acrylic of.
i know we practise on each other but when the 1day is over i want to keep practising.

Hi Trudie, a bit confused about what training you're having, is the whole course 1 day? Your Educator should advise you on the best way to practice but can't comment further until you let us know which type of course you are on, Fiona

Hi Hun,

I used one of those rubber hands and any willing real hand that came my way. I tried to coax hubby into doin it but he flatly refused, lol dont blame him they were like huge mountains when i first started.

Hi im doing a 4 hour course with my tutor using creative retention+
i have got to take a model in with me for 2 hours to do a full set of nails.
i just want to know how i can keep practising after i have done the course.
maybe practise on nail tips if you know what i mean where you can stick the nail tip on a box and practise on.

One technique someone showed me once was to stick two nails ontop of each other like when your practicing you blending and blu tak these to a finger rest and practice that way.

Why don't you buy a nail trainer?

That sounds like a pretty short course to learn a system, who are you doing it with??

Hi Trudi

Thats a really short course to learn a system, obviously I will presume you are already a tech so its a conversion course.

To practise you have ywo choices you can advertise for models!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or the other option is to invest in a training hand

Hope this Helps

Trudi said:
Hi, how do you practise doing acrylic?
as im doing my 1day course on sunday and just wondering how do you practise as i dont want to practise on my nails as i will have to keep takin the acrylic of.
i know we practise on each other but when the 1day is over i want to keep practising.

To share with you on my method of practicing french sculpture, zone 2 zone 3...

I realise that a nail tip usually have 1 flat side and 1 curved side. Thereby i actually sculpt french on both side of the tip.
The flat side of the tip mimics the surface when doing a rebalancing as the surface would be more flat.
The curve end mimics sculpting on a form.

I use a nail tip and stick it with blue tack on a practise finger. I then sculpt out zone 1 with white powder on 1 edge of the nail tip. Regardless of whether i did a perfect smile line, i turn the tip the other way and sculpt the other end. So, i end up with 2 french smile line on 1 tip. I take 1 edge to be the free edge and other to be the "cuticle area"

Then, i choose 1 edge to be the the free edge and sculpt zone 2. Follow by zone 3. Try to make zone 3 thin. You can see from the side view of the tip. If you thickness of zone 3 is as thick as the french you sculpt, you are too thick.

I have no idea whether anyone can understand what i am trying to express.
To sum it up,
maximise the practise on 1 nail tip

Practice 2 french sculpting on both edges. Thereby, creating the curve of the cuticle and free edge on each side.

Practice zone 2 and zone 3 in between the 2 edges, check your zone 3 thickness against your " cuticle edge" thickness.

Latest posts

Back