Advice from trainers please... I dont know how to go about what I would like to do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashaonline

Reaction score
Hi
I am currently in the middle of the PTLLS course, I also work from home

When I hopefully qualify I would like to run courses in my town, there are quite a few childrens centres in different areas which run different courses such as cooking , I.T etc for parents/young mums/ people with learning difficulties.
I am hoping to ask to add a workshop for basic family haircutting and beauty treatments like manicure and pedicures and their child/ren as like the other courses can be looked after in the creche onsite

It would not be accredited, it would be more skills to start them off with if they wanted to go into this as a career or a hobby like how they have the workshop in colleges for school age children

well this is what I would like to do but I have no idea how to go about it or if its even possible!

I have contacted the childrens centre and awaiting reply , but any advice from anybody who has setup a workshop , and how they done this I would be most grateful

Natasha

Good luck to you....sounds like a great idea.

Even if you don't want your courses accredited, you wil need insurance so I suggest you give BABTAC a call and they'll give you all the help you need.

If you don't want to take it down the formal route, I doubt you'll need to do your 7303 C&G 9Introduction to teaching).

Yeah, I think you should put a course plan together to show the people you'll be renting the venue's from and the attendees, but you must sort out insurance.

All the best with your venture. How excting!

Hi Kim

Yeah I hope it will be a good idea , as I know from experience that when your a mum sometimes you want to change careers to fit in with your new life or cant afford to go to college with childcare etc
I would like it to be accredited as it would be better for the learner but like before I dont know how to go about doing that or putting a course plan together but like you said I can call BABTAC about insurance etc and hopefully get all that information

thanks

BABTAC accredit courses but you really only need to do that if the people taking your courses are doing so to get work or insurance from them. I think you just need insurance but ask them. xxx

Hi I'm also thinking along the same lines, and have just started the same course. Just don't know how to get into it if you like. I am planning on running my own small courses privately. Would be interesting to here more info if there is anyone who can give more?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back