Advice Going mobile!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deedee84

Reaction score
Hi, Ive been in the industry for 4 years mainly working in a salon apart from the odd friends and family outside of work. Thinking going mobile what difficulties have people found in comparison to being fixed in a salon or alternative what benifits have you discovered????? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.http://www.salongeek.com/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi, Ive been in the industry for 4 years mainly working in a salon apart from the odd friends and family outside of work. Thinking going mobile what difficulties have people found in comparison to being fixed in a salon or alternative what benifits have you discovered????? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.http://www.salongeek.com/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

There are pro's and cons to working both ways

The benefits of working mobile is that you will attract more clients and not everyone wants to come out of their house and go to somewhere to have a treatment some like th comfort of their home.

But the down side to going mobile is lugging everything around with you, and getting set up in all different places and there may be distractions at the clients home i.e children, dogs barking etc.

I myself prefer home based but i open up more and go mobile aswell but i would prefer to be in my home based salon doing a treatment

Hths x

Hi, i do both i work 2 days renting a room in a hairdressers then do mobile the rest of the time. There is pro's and con's to both, i enjoy the salon environment and its easier for things like facials and massage, but i find people do seem to like having treatments done at home, plus you don't have many overheads so it's a good way to have your own business without having the worry of having your own salon. Another thing with the mobile is you can't do as many treatments per day as in a salon as you have to take in to account travelling time, getting set up for the treatment and people faff about when there at home aswell! I really enjoy it but it's nice to be able to do both i think.

hth
Jenna x

Latest posts

Back