Advice needed on starting up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuRa

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this forum so please be gentle!!
Just really wanted some advice on taking over a business. I currently work in a beauty salon, my boss has decided she wants out, and has offered me the salon at a very good price! So am currently in the process of making final arangements before we sign over (my self and one other girl are going in together) shes leaving everything for us including all stock, equipment etc, I have worked there for nearly 6 years so have built up a very loyal client base which also gets left to us. So its a pretty good deal! my main query is, the lady selling to us is the only lady that does nail exts, and as im sure we are all aware there not easy to do!! We are too busy to take on nail training (I have previously trained, just didnt get on with them) she has said to us shes happy to carry on working the one day a week like she currently does until we find something more permanant. We are hoping to get someone to rent the table so they can take over the nail clients, so we dont lose them altogether asap as we would rather like her out of our way! So how does this work? could she rent the table from us for the day? do we take a % of each treatment or a cut from her days takings?? how does it work if we supply the products????
Sorry for the essay!! But any help or advice would be very much gratefully received!!

You can rent her the table for the one day a set price,
or if you want to supply the products (which you will be doing if she is selling with all stock) you do a 60% / 40% split where you get the 60%,
this is what most others do, hth

Latest posts

Back