Advice needed please on room renting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi I've been approached to rent space in a salon, and am going there tomorrow to have a look.

Anyone any advice, I've not done this before and don't want to rush in and make mistakes.

Thanks!

Think about the services that you wish to offer, I'm assuming that you do beauty and nails ?

A) Is the space large enough to encorporate all your equipment
Who is going to provide your products and equipment ?
B) Is the room lockable or would you have to share it with other therapists?
C) How many hours/days a week would you like to work there, does this fit with the rentees requirements?
D) What is the rent?
E) is the rent per day/per week/per month and when and to who would it be payable
F) Does the Rentee already have a ready made client base?
G) Can you negotiate a commission instead in order to build up a client base ie 80/20 split (to you) for every tratment you give with a provision to go to rent basis once you strt exceeding a certain amount of takings.
H) who will be resposible for advertising/leflets etc.
I) will staff at the 'salon' be taking bookings on your behalf
j) Make sure that you re read up on the rules for being self employed !

Will let you know if I think of anything else !!!!

Hi I've been approached to rent space in a salon, and am going there tomorrow to have a look.

Anyone any advice, I've not done this before and don't want to rush in and make mistakes.

Thanks!

How much is the rent? I'm sure many people on here will be able to tell you if its above the going rate or not.

Also are there any salons in the near region already established?

20% but she's going to book treatments in and ring me, I can't afford to go there all day and sit there with no clients. x

20% but she's going to book treatments in and ring me, I can't afford to go there all day and sit there with no clients. x
that sounds good Tinks.

Have been and aren't doing it, it's not the kind of thing I want to go into so I think I will stick to what I know = mobile. It offers me flexibility which is what I need around my kids, its fairly good money and I dont have to drive 10 miles to do one manicure (usually).

Latest posts

Back