advice needed pls on l&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttynikki

Reaction score
hi all, i had a client a week ago for l&p, i m still a 'newbie' to nails and this client was the first ive had for a few months.
basically, she called me tonight to say that the nails were irritating her, because where her nails have started growing, every time she washes her hair the hair is getting caught underneath the product in the zone 3 area! i dont mind that she has called as i like to know all is ok, and she did say on the phone that she will book me soon for a rebalance, so luckily she understands that im still in the 'training' period, hence why im charging so little for a full set.
so, back to the problem, where have i gone wrong? as its only been a week!
so any advice i would much appreciate
x

Hi Nikki,

Sounds like it is lifting in zone three, was your product applied thin in this area? Did you make sure it was flush againt the nail plate?

xxxx

hi, thanks for your reply, it may not have been flush against nail plate, im pretty sure it wasnt too thin in zone 3, so am i not pressing it enough?
x

Your bead in zone 3 needs to be very small, remember you can always add more product if you need to, don't make your bead to big or you're gonna be filing for britain.

Watch your ratio for your zone 3 bead, if you work too wet you could file zone 3 away completely.

HTH
xxxx

I know this is an oldie, but make sure your prep is thorough....if not, the first place it's gonna lift is zone 3 and then pretty soon after application of product if there's still non-living tissue on the nail plate.

xx

thanku! u have been a great help, i think my beads in z3 are too large cos i do seem to be doing a lot of filing! ok, so hopefully she will call me for a rebalance and i can get it right for her then.
thanks again
x

Just a tip darlin, why don't you ring her and say that you know how to fix the problem now, when would she be available to have her rebalance done? This way you don't stress over when she's gonna ring and she doesn't get disheartened and start picking at zone 3 which makes more work for you.

I never wait for my clients to phone me, just my opinion of course :wink2:

Good luck!

xxxx

yeh, ur right i may do that! cathie, thanks also for ur reply, im pretty certain my prep is thorough i do work hard on that side of it as i know it can have alot of effects if not done thoroughly,
cheers all
x

Just a thought...but your not working too dry are you?
Im not sure what products your working with but Ive always held my brush on to my powder, as opposed to dragging it through
This allows your brush to draw up as much powder as it needs and no more, rather than forcing it to pick up too much.

Working too dry can make your acrylic lift and start looking like a "cornflake" after a few days.

And just remember, perfection comes with time, as you practice more your application, ratio and prep will become better. Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back