High lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hi, advice on how you’d go about this:
New client, lower half of her hair is block colour high lift tint so I’m told, but looks bleached as so light, hair is about arm pit length, and mid section was highlighted half head with bleach and highlift by the looks of it, (about 4” long) and now wants roots lightened,
She actually called the last salon she used to get the colour formula they used and was told they didn’t keep any records- I was also listening in the call and that is in fact what they said!!!

Natural red head but front is more ginger and the back more of a warm brown level 7, few scattered greys not a lot though,

My thought was to tackle the darker area underneath first lift the virgin hair, then go back and do roots with a tint, and thinking maybe 12/03 & 12/1 kp?
She wants a golden colour but due to already being red wondered if was worth just using 12/0?

Or would it be better just to do bleach and tone?

How would you tackle the previous highlights?
I don’t want to compromise the bleached hair, but also she doesn’t want it darker,

I don’t know if I’m over complicating this in my mind, lol

I was also going to use a toner if needed to level it out a bit but still think ends will look too light compared to the highlift roots?

I’ve added a photo of her hair from when she last coloured it as that’s the colour she wants to go,

Any advice much appreciated,

Attachments

• fa35f115-02f7-418c-a18d-7f7bc83de169.jpeg
    fa35f115-02f7-418c-a18d-7f7bc83de169.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 0
I'd probably go with 12/0 + 12/1 or maybe even 12/16?
Looks like there's a lot of bleach running through it

Hi, advice on how you’d go about this:
New client, lower half of her hair is block colour high lift tint so I’m told, but looks bleached as so light, hair is about arm pit length, and mid section was highlighted half head with bleach and highlift by the looks of it, (about 4” long) and now wants roots lightened,
She actually called the last salon she used to get the colour formula they used and was told they didn’t keep any records- I was also listening in the call and that is in fact what they said!!!

Natural red head but front is more ginger and the back more of a warm brown level 7, few scattered greys not a lot though,

My thought was to tackle the darker area underneath first lift the virgin hair, then go back and do roots with a tint, and thinking maybe 12/03 & 12/1 kp?
She wants a golden colour but due to already being red wondered if was worth just using 12/0?

Or would it be better just to do bleach and tone?

How would you tackle the previous highlights?
I don’t want to compromise the bleached hair, but also she doesn’t want it darker,

I don’t know if I’m over complicating this in my mind, lol

I was also going to use a toner if needed to level it out a bit but still think ends will look too light compared to the highlift roots?

I’ve added a photo of her hair from when she last coloured it as that’s the colour she wants to go,

Any advice much appreciated,
It’s called Hi-Lift, not HIGH lift

Latest posts

Back