advice needed re renting a chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggy

Reaction score
Can someone give me the lo-down on renting a chair? someone's offered me one for £25 a day and told me to give him a call. thing is, i know nothing about renting a chair, who advertises or who the clients belong to (normally) and if i'm going to talk "terms" then i'd really like it to look like i know what i'm talking about rather than look like i know nothing, hence giving him the opportunity to take me for a ride.

any advice muchly appreciated.

yeah i would like to know this too, id like to just do a sat but how much per day should this cost?

x

Do a search - there are loads of threads about renting. I rent a table at the moment at £20 per day.

i've found loads of advice on what it should cost, but nothing about who the clients belong to and how you go about advertising (do the salon do it?). what's the norm with this?

As I do Permanent Make Up my situation may be a little different to that of other geeks who rent as Nail Technicians....

At the moment I visit 8 salons in my area, 2 per week, each salon once a month. With each of them I agreed what day each month i would visit them and the times I would be there, I gave them a display book to have out in the salon for clients to read through, I provide them with leaflets, posters and any other promotional material I would like them to have.

(A couple have put up other bigger posters and done newspaper advertising but that is up to them)

I pay them 20% of each treatment I do...the day before i am due at a salon they call me to let me know how my day is planned (if i didn't have anyone on a particular day then i wouldn't go to the salon)

You need to decide what would work best for you so that when you are negotiating a deal with a salon you know what you want...back in the day when i first qualified i went along with things that didn't really suit me because i didn't think things through before hand.

it all really depends what terms you agree with the salon owner. it will differ from place to place.

In all my salons ive had to do my own advertising, supply my own products etc. The clients belong to me, as i am paying the salon owner for the use of their premesis not the use of their clients. if you see what i mean.

Latest posts

Back