Advice on being a Nail Technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojolucy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I've just registered today and having read many posts you all seem a great friendly bunch ! I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment ! I am nearly 38 years old and have been a housewife for 10 years now. I would love to start a new career as a nail technician but I need some advice on where to start my training. I have looked at the Charlton Institute (Brentwood) on the 5 day course but many of you have advised against it, even I know that you cant possibly become a nail technician in 5 days ! Also my local college is starting courses in September should I try that ? I know many of you have trained at CND which sounds fabulous but the courses are too far away for me to train as I have 2 children to look after ! Please can any one point me in the right direction your advice would be gratefully appreciated ! :):confused:

Hi and welcome to the site

If you really want to learn with cnd there is an academy in Essex
I have put the link for you here to click so you can have a look, I hope this helps you with the distance and your child care.
Creative Nail Design
Good luck hun

Hi and welcome to the site

If you really want to learn with cnd there is an academy in Essex
I have put the link for you here to click so you can have a look, I hope this helps you with the distance and your child care.
Creative Nail Design
Good luck hun

Thank you salpep for your reply I will look into this and hopefully start to get somewhere

hi, ive just joined this site myself, im 41 and fancyied a change. im not sure if this will help you? i also have kids and needed some sort of course to fit around me. collage was way to expensive for me plus you had to be there every week without fail! so i am now doing my training privately with a nail tech guy who owns 2 nail shops. I could do my training when i could fit it in. So it might be good idea to go into some of your good nail shops to see if they will train you! Hope this helps .

Hi Jojo,

Welcome to the forum, given you have two children it is perfectly understandable why you would prefer a course that you can do from home, check out the link in my signature to Nail Technician School which may be a solution for you.

Best of luck with everything.
Dave

Latest posts

Back