Advice on foundation for my skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlazedFingertip

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm popping over from the nail forum to get some advice on a good foundation for my skin. I've found a pretty good colour match in Rimmel's Match Perfection classic ivory. I have quite discoloured/redish skin so i tend to put on a tinted moisturiser (Nivea) before I apply any foundation. My problem is around mid afternoon my t-zone gets super oily and the foundation seems to come off. I've tried using power to set it but nothing seems to work. Is there something anyone can suggest..I've tried Urban Decays Naked skin (shade 3.5) but it was only at a beauty evening so i didn't get a good idea of its staying power.

If anyone can help me with my foundation woes that would be great!

Clinique and mac do a good few for oily skins x

Well I use studio tech from mac you need to get one like this which is oil free, can you get to a mac counter and have a consultation ? Xx

Also try Estée Lauder double wear light or Lancôme Teint Idol Ultra x

I have really oily t-zone. It seems to be worse when I work on nights (12.5) hours. I usually tend to use Estée Lauder double wear + set with a mineral foundation or benefit bronzer for a all over bronzed look. It lasts the full shift, even when I wash my face the foundation is still there x

i think my nearest Mac counter is in Edinburgh (I'm in Dundee) which is not really somewhere I vist often...I'll look into the other suggestions :)

i think my nearest Mac counter is in Edinburgh (I'm in Dundee) which is not really somewhere I vist often...I'll look into the other suggestions :)

Clinique do about three oil free ones that are good maybe you have a closer one of there counters? Xx

Stay matt is really good by Clinique, light to wear but amazing coverage and dose not shift x

Clinique do about three oil free ones that are good maybe you have a closer one of there counters? Xx

will do I'm pretty sure there is a clinique counter in Debenhams :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

so I tried the clinque stuff and got a little tester to take away and try. I asked about the stay matte but it didn't suit my skin....still need to try the Estee Lauder one...i heard the Revlon Colour stay was a dupe for this, is that true? Kinda thinking I might bite the bullet and get the Urban Decay Naked skin one though...

Illamasqua!!.... It's amazing!

I would recommend there primer, ski base foundation and translucent loose powder!,

I am in LOVE with the Urban Decay Naked foundation. I have quite a high colour and need extra coverage in some areas so I want a foundation that is not like a thick cakey mask, but one that I can build up where I need it.

Naked foundation is fab, one thing to remember is the key in combatting the shiny tzone- you don't necessarily need to use a matte or oil free foundation, these can often be very drying when all you need is a decent primer, I love Benefit Porefessional just applied on my tzone or pretty much anything from Urban Decay. Use a duo fibre or buffing brush and work the foundation in well. Top off with a light dusting of powder.

I've also recently started using the Real Techniques Miracle a Complexion Sponge and this is brilliant for building where I need it.

Oooh also Urban Ðecay do these AMAZING setting sprays- they are one of the best products ever.

stop putting a tinted moisturiser under your foundation and replace it with a primer, and colour correcting concealer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree, use a primer instead.
I've found benefit porefessional is great for my oily t zone x

Sent from the catphone

I am in LOVE with the Urban Decay Naked foundation. I have quite a high colour and need extra coverage in some areas so I want a foundation that is not like a thick cakey mask, but one that I can build up where I need it.

Naked foundation is fab, one thing to remember is the key in combatting the shiny tzone- you don't necessarily need to use a matte or oil free foundation, these can often be very drying when all you need is a decent primer, I love Benefit Porefessional just applied on my tzone or pretty much anything from Urban Decay. Use a duo fibre or buffing brush and work the foundation in well. Top off with a light dusting of powder.

I've also recently started using the Real Techniques Miracle a Complexion Sponge and this is brilliant for building where I need it.

Oooh also Urban Ðecay do these AMAZING setting sprays- they are one of the best products ever.

Yeah!! I have the oil-slick setting spray :)

I will switching out the tinted moist. for a primer...I'm going into town on saturday and i'm going to try the UD foundation again

Aye, it's too much hydration happening!

I get shiny in summer, I don't have oily skin all over and I prefer a more natural look during the day, I have actually been using Maybelline Better Skin foundation the last couple of weeks (ran out of UD and was on hols so had to do with what was on offer in local boots store!)

It's actually not too bad, more coverage and you do need a lighter hand but quite good as a back up!

Dior do a super primer, it's pricey but gorgeous.

I'm a big Urban Decay fan, they are really a great brand, fab quality and great prices.

i got some new face wash stuff as well for combination/oily skin...the seaweed line from the bodyshop...question though..does anyone know if toner should tingle??? (its alcohol free)

I have the most horrid skin and used to go bare faced as nothing was any good.
But I've got Laura Geller balance and brighten baked powder used over tinted BB cream and it's ended a lifetime of searching. It stays matt and stayed even after a day at a garden party in the sun. It's amazing.

i've tried a few different ones now...Wasn't keen on estee lauder double wear or clinque. I also tried some boots no7 and that was a bit meh also. I'm currently liking UD (but the no SPF is putting me off a little) and bareMinerals. MAC is sending me a tester of their studio fix fluid foundation so I'll try that first :)

Latest posts

Back