Advice on haircut please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selina150

Reaction score
Hi there, looking for some advice.
I have naturally wavy hair - not nice wavy, just-stuck-a-finger-in-a-plug-socket-wavy, and a lot of it. each hair is very fine, which adds to the frizz.
for years I just had one length hair, as I was scared that layers would make it even more frizzy, then I discovered GHD's and could finally have any style I liked! but the frequent straightening damaged my hair. now I let it dry naturally and only straighten it about once a month.
the problem is that I love the way layers take so much weight out of my hair - I actually get headaches when I have my hair up if its not layered, but my hair is so frizzy. it doesn't seem to matter what hairdresser I go to I get a big 'jump' from the top layers so it looks like someone just took half my hair and took a chunk out of it, you cant see layers at all. when its straightened you can still see the layers, its not smooth and well blended. I've tried stressing that it needs to be blended in well, and I still get the same result, so im beginning to think my hair type is just not suited to layers. I've even tried longer layers but these seem to look worse.
does anyone have any advice what kind of style I could try?

Latest posts

Back