Advice on leaflet for leaflet drop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allieXayrshire

Reaction score
hi

As im quite quiet for october so far, im going to do a huge leaflet drop this week. What size would be better A4 or A5 and does anyone else have any tips on things to include etc. I am printing my leaflets myself xxx

im not an expert but id say maybe a5 and lots of bright colours to atract attention! possibly an offer to draw them in lol x

I personally think A4 is too big. A5 or A6 are standard sizes for flyers/leaflets, you should be able to fit everything you need on there, especially if double sided.

I'd go for postcard side that way it can be easily stuck on the fridge / notice board without taking up to much room. to big and i'd be likely to bin it as have no we're to put it.

Hi,

I would go A5 as it will be much cheaper to print. You can print two together and save on paper and ink. As long as you can say what you need to say on the leaflet, I don't think the size will matter too much.

Sundays are the best day of the week to do leaflet drops as everyone is relaxed on a Sunday and more likely to read it rather than throwing it in the bin with the rest of the junk mail they get through the week, hth

thanks for your advice. where should i use the colours? at the moment ive only a little coloured picture on them and my main heading in colour xxx

I did A6 ones about 6 weeks ago with an offer on it for 20% off until end of November and I had someone bring one back today, said she'd had it on the fridge since it came thru the door. Put an offer on it saying they need to bring the card to get the offer, means they'll keep it and have your number until they come into the salon (or you go to theirs, didn't look to see if you were mobile or not) and you are able to give them an appointment card or price list :) xxx

We did A5 size and on both sides, this allows us to get as much info on it , without it looking crowded. We are going to get more printed so we can do another maildrop prior to xmas. The only thing we forgot to add to our 1st leaflet was the treatments that would be coming soon to our service, but we can add them into the new print of leaflets.

We did A5 size and on both sides, this allows us to get as much info on it , without it looking crowded. We are going to get more printed so we can do another maildrop prior to xmas. The only thing we forgot to add to our 1st leaflet was the treatments that would be coming soon to our service, but we can add them into the new print of leaflets.

Hi

I wrote a blog about this on another site but will get slapped wrists for posting the link up.

If you wish to read it let me know and I can PM it to you. I have no idea how to put it on here and its too long for a post.

Kate x

I'd go for a6 postcard size, nice and colour full with your info big and bold!

Have you looked at the postcards from vistaprint, you can pick out the template you want, remove all sample text and add all your own info. They print on the back for free and I think it works out to only about £3.50 for 100 glossy full colour postcards in their standard size....I recommend choosing their slowest postage time, although it says 3 weeks i've always received mine sooner than that.

take a look - http://www.vistaprint.co.uk

xx

i've used vistaprint many times for a charity i used to help run and everything we had from them was absolutely fine, looked very professional and was ver well priced. We had the business cards, a4 fliers, and both sizes of postcards. For the sake of a few pounds I would certainly give them a go and well of you're not happy then you've lost less than a fiver!!

Hth, lou x
Posted via Mobile Device

The average return for a leaflet drop is 2% so make sure you do loads x

I actually think Vistaprint are good value for money. The quality has always been good for me and they are reasonably priced when I wait for the specials they quite often have.

A5 for me or Postcard sized hun. Lots of eye catching colour and a good offer :)

Hi,

I just want to echo the above replies regarding Vistaprint!

I cant praise them enough, and they are so so cheap, their postcards are fantastic, I have been using them for years!

Question for you geeks; if you are offering 20% off treatments on your leaflets/ flyers do you have a min spend? ie 20% off all treatment over £10?

Emma x:hug:x

Hi Emma, I do always have a price limit on my offers, but I don't usually discount, I add value instead. Instead of saying spend over £10 and get 20% off, I'll say, have a spray tan at £25 and get a free toenail file and polish free worth £8'

i think that's a much better incentive than discounting, because even though you are giving away a treatment, a) it doesn't cost much at all in prduct and b) it only adds about 10 minutes to the treatment time and c) you don't get those people who are only on the look out for the cheapest they can possibly get (and who invariably muck you around anyway :rolleyes:)

xx

Hi Emma, I do always have a price limit on my offers, but I don't usually discount, I add value instead. Instead of saying spend over £10 and get 20% off, I'll say, have a spray tan at £25 and get a free toenail file and polish free worth £8'

i think that's a much better incentive than discounting, because even though you are giving away a treatment, a) it doesn't cost much at all in prduct and b) it only adds about 10 minutes to the treatment time and c) you don't get those people who are only on the look out for the cheapest they can possibly get (and who invariably muck you around anyway :rolleyes:)

xx

Hi, Yes, I completly agree, I do a special offer every month and next months is book a specalised facial and get a free eyelash and eyebrow tint - £32 savingg £11!
But I was thinking of doing a leaflet drop with an offer on it that wasnt valid just for 1 month, to try and get some new clients in, not sure what!
Emma x:hug:x

Hi Emma

You could have an ongoing treatment freebie to get clients in through the door, something that doesn't cost you a lot in time or product. I would limit this to 1st visit only though, or else you'll be doing the freebies for the rest of your clients lives!

You could have 'Treat Yourself (or a loved one) to a fantastic (insert treatment here) and receive a free (insert treatment here) worth£xx'

Underneath just put valid only for next visit, please bring this card to your appointment. Or something like that.

xx

Hi Emma

You could have an ongoing treatment freebie to get clients in through the door, something that doesn't cost you a lot in time or product. I would limit this to 1st visit only though, or else you'll be doing the freebies for the rest of your clients lives!

You could have 'Treat Yourself (or a loved one) to a fantastic (insert treatment here) and receive a free (insert treatment here) worth£xx'

Underneath just put valid only for next visit, please bring this card to your appointment. Or something like that.

xx

That is just what I meant - Thank you,:hug:
Sometimes I know what I mean just cant word it correctly!
The above sounds perfect.
xx

:green: No worries Emma, I'm happy to help :hug:

xx

Latest posts

Back