Advice on leaflet for leaflet drop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered getting some leaflets done proffesionally. I had mine done and it was way way cheaper than I was expecting. I paid £80 for 2500 double sided full clour lealets. Think of how much ink and paper you'll use and if you want to get people in you want something really catchy that people wont just throw in the bin. Before you do anything contact Lynsey from bimbo design. In my opinion she is by far the best and a few girls on here have also used her. I couldn't recommend her enough. Her design work is 2nd to none. www.bimbodesign.co.uk

Just a couple of pieces of advice:

If you are printing them yourself (on an inkjet printer), forget it - printer ink is more expensive than Chanel No. 5 ml for ml, so you would be far better off finding a local print house to do it for you - it will save a lot of money. Even more so if you are printing in colour!

If you have a laser printer, it is still often cheaper to get someone like MaxiPrint, Prontaprint, etc. to do it for you, especially if you are printing in colour.

VistaPrint is good (although I do get frustrated that by the time you've added all the 'extra' costs on for uploading images, P&P etc. they are not much cheaper than local printers!).

However, if you are adamant that you want to print them yourself:
- just use black text and imagery, but buy coloured paper, as this will make them eyecatching without breaking the bank
- make the offer simple and bold! What, where, when and how people book. Don't make it any more complicated than that - who wants to spend five minutes reading a random flyer? You might only have three seconds for someone to assess the leaflet before they bin it, so make the offer obvious.
- photocopying is usually a lot cheaper than inkjet printing, although quality can deteriorate. To do good photocopying, have the original printed on white paper and put the copies onto coloured paper - hides a multitude of sins!

Some good tips there Duffield1! :) x

Awww, thanks! *blushes*

Latest posts

Back