Advice on MMA and products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngieLH

Reaction score
Hi

I am not a salon geek but a member of the forum who likes to do her own nails. Therefore I am looking for some advice from one of the 'professional geeks' on MMA.
I have read several of the threads on MMA and know the problems that it can cause. As a person who likes to do her own nails, both to save money and time, it is hard to find places on the high street that will sell me monomer and power. Therefore I have to go onto places like ebay to buy products. With there being such an aray of products for sale on the internet it is hard to know which of these are safest to use. I always try and buy EMA, I recently bought a product made by NAILENE which contains something I have not heard of METHACRYLATE ESTERS - does anyone know if this is just another name for MMA? Also, which products would a professional reccomend for home use, I personally take price point and workable time into consideration.

Any advice would be gratefully received
Many thanks

Also, which products would a professional recommend for home use, I personally take price point and workable time into consideration.

Any advice would be gratefully received
Many thanks
The short answer to this is NONE!!!:eek::irked::irked:
You will not get any professional on this site recommend a professional product for someone who is not trained to use at home.

My advice is either get the done in a salon by a full trained technician or go and get trained yourself. :rolleyes:

The short answer to this is NONE!!!:eek::irked::irked:
You will not get any professional on this site recommend a professional product for someone who is not trained to use at home.

My advice is either get the done in a salon by a full trained technician or go and get trained yourself. :rolleyes:

As Karen has said, This is a professional forum for professionals.
Doing nails yourself without the proper training is just looking for trouble. You could end up with irreversable damage to your own nails and skin if you dont know what you are doing.
Even if it is just on yourself I would recomend doing a course.
You never know you may find you really enjoy it and want to take things further.
Sorry if you think our replies seem a bit harsh, but pros will not give out advise to the general public about doing their own nails in any way shape or form. We also as professionals do not condone the use of ebay to purchase professional products.
Jeni

Latest posts

Back