advice on pricing childrens nail art party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

im trying to price a childrens nail art party
my prices for painted nail art are around £5 for 10 nails
so i thought i might charge £5 per child without party bag
or £8 per child with party bag
(incl things like mini file, mini polish, ring, lip gloss, body glitter, balloon, sweets etc)
how does this sound?
and do you think i could do 12 kids in 2 hours? (this would be maximum)(10mins each)
and how many should be minimum?
can u recommend quick polish dryer spray?

this means 12 kids for 2 hours would be £96 ( u can get facepainter here for 30 kids for £50)
should i give discount for full 12 kid party?

and how do i go about getting parental permission?
and do i need to be insured to put glitter body tattoos on kids and glitter hairspray?

any help much appreciated
thanx
x

i do a big form with the name sof the children on it and give to the hostess beforehand i ask that all the aprents sign the form before tha party.

i do minimum of 8 and max of 12, i charge £6 for first 8 then £5 for any extra but i give them tips to design their own nails with, i dont provide party bags unless as an extra and only give the party child a pressie (small), i couldnt do it without quick dry spray they would mash them
HTH

My cousin had a nail art party a month or so ago and 10 children attended which she charged 6 pounds for (each), but gave thm all a small party bag of a nail polish and mini file, so not as many items as you listed. The only problem was the kids all had diddy nails and kept touching the paint to see if it was dry, running around after having them done etc! so was a bit hectic! But as scattyfox said, they all had to have parental consent incase of allergic reactions etc. i think this is the same for 'glitterising' them lol, they should have consent and if using body tattoos, should be aware of reactions etc hypoallergic.

so would i need to be insured to spray glitter in their hair and apply body tattoo?
x

and shouldnt a face painter get parental permission because all the kids parties i have been to, you dont have to sign a thing!
x

Hi,
Like scattyfox said, I have a booking form where they have to fill all children's names and ages. Also on the form it is stated that I will not be held responsible for any reactions, if I am not made aware of any allergies by the parents, it's an absolute must.
I charge them £80 for a maximum of 8 kids, for about 2 1/2- 3 hours. This seems to be accepted in my area. I charge extra for party bags. I used to do make-up as well, but now I just do nail art and temporary tattoos. While I am working on one of the girls, I give the rest of them nail tips, nail polishes and my precious nail stripers and paints to design their own ones, this keeps them under control, as they really concentrate on what they're doing, and they LOVE it. You should see some of the designs they come up with, they put us to shame.
Anyway, good luck and you will love it.

Latest posts

Back