advice on spray tan pls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
I had a client coming tonight for her spray tan.. she just rang to say that she shaved this morning.. then when on to ask if i can still do her tonight.. she shaved her legs and underarms..
I said i would not do her, and that i would prefer to re-book for tomorrow morning.
Now i am pretty new to spray tanning.. and im starting to wonder if maybe i should/could have done her.. but so far i have been doing really well and i dont want to comprimise my training. I dont know everything about tanning.. so my question is..

Would you have gone ahead?

I have sprayed myself within the 24 hr period post waxing.. but i am not so keen to do so on clients..

starting to doubt my decision.. and she seemed fairly annoyed.

I was trained that it should be 24 hours before too.

If somebody has shaved within that period I have gone ahead (particularly if it was for a special occasion) but had them sign accordingly. I have not, so far, had reports of any problems HTH

If somebody has shaved within that period I have gone ahead (particularly if it was for a special occasion) but had them sign accordingly. I have not, so far, had reports of any problems HTH

i never had problems on the odd time i did it either.. but as im relatively new i didnt want to take that risk.. perhaps i can give her a call and have her sign a waver, she did sound terribly dissapointed, and even though i gave her a pre-tan booklet to look through i still feel guilty for saying no.

It is best avoided if at all possible however if the customer insists (you dont want them walking out of your salon strait into the one next door)then make sure you point out the possible dangers and get a waiver signed:hug:

It is best avoided if at all possible however if the customer insists (you dont want them walking out of your salon strait into the one next door)then make sure you point out the possible dangers and get a waiver signed:hug:
What do you mean by dangers ? :confused:

What do you mean by dangers ? :confused:

only that the tan due to shaving may not turn out as perfect and even as it should..

The skin surface from shaving needs time to recover and settle back down from the damage the blade causes hence the 24hr rule.

I wouldnt turn her away as you might loose a client there! Do her but also let her know there is no guarentee that the tan would be as perfect as it would had she followed the correct steps. Get her to sign something so she has no come back just in case. She will probably turn out fine though as it will have been a good few hours. good luck.

Not wanting to seem unprofessional, i decided to stick to my guns and see her tomorrow where i will explain why i had to put her off.. but in future i wont be so quick to say no.. Thanks for the advice..

Latest posts

Back