Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahse9

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm looking for some advice. I've recently started renting a room in a salon and things are not going well. Firstly the owner is telling me how much to charge, which treatments I can and can't do and she has now informed me that she is going to start renting my room to someone else two days a week when I'm not there. My question is before I started I gave her a £150 deposit I've only been there 3 days and I hate it, they don't make me feel welcome at all. They speak in their own language all day and I'm just left sitting there feeling uncomrtable. Am I entitled to my deposit back? I'm going to tell her I'm leaving when I go in tomorrow.

Did you sign anything?
If yes depends on the contract. More than likely as your not giving sufficient notice then your not entitled to it back.

If no it's verbal and to be honest it would be a struggle to get back. Best asking. If she says you're not having it back then write it off and put it down to experience.

I know it's tough. Learn from it. All of the stuff that's going on should be ironed out before you agreed to rent the place.

Latest posts

Back