Advise/Query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlinder

Reaction score
Hi Peeps,
I have a client who has been coming to me since i opened, she had overlays, then came back 2 weeks ago for infills & went away v. happy both times.
Yesterday she booked in (due to come in this week), for today as her nails were chipping at the free edge (approx 3 on each hand) She wanted me to soak off & reapply, which I did. The only thing that I could think of was that it had something to do with her going boating every weekend, using the ropes etc (whatever people do on boats)
Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening this time, or do you think my guess is on the right track?
Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.

Hi, Yes I think you might be on the right track I had a great regular client, who had overlays on her own nails....she bought a boat, and it all went to pot! From a client who never broke her nails, to broken, chipped, you name it nails........but she LOVED that damn boat, and gave up on her beautiful nails!!
There are a few posts on here about chipping on overlays and how to slightly cap the nail to prevent chipping......do a search and I am sure that could help too.....

There are a couple of things that may be happening... if you are using gel it may not be rigid enough to with stand the wear and tear caused by boating. ( I tried to wear Brisa, but found that I am MUCH too active for that product, nails snapping left and right, went back to L&P and all is well in my world, I've been white water rafting, 4 wheeling and camping every available opportunity all summer, and haven't broken one yet!)

If you are using L & P her natural nails may be getting wet, drying, wet, dry, wet, dry over and over causing her nail to pull away from or loosen from the L & P over lay. In that case, have her use oil regularly, it wil plastisize her nail as well as the enhancement so that there is more give or flexibility. HTH

Yep I agree. I'd say that boating probably isn't the best thing for her nails. Does she keep her hands covered?? I'd say they have been allowed to become brittle and this causing the chipping, along with banging or bashing them. Encourage her to keep her nails well moistured with cuticle oil. (I'd give up the boating!! LOL)

I aggree as well. Perhaps she may want to shorten the length. It sounds like she has been a bit rough with them. If they are square maybe she would like a round edge to them. Good Luck -Lisa

Latest posts

Back