Regular polish peeling in sheets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon9800

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I wanted to ask if any of you have had a client to where their regular nail polish peels in sheets. The last time I had this problem was several years ago with a client that wore acrylics. She had too much oil in her nails and the acrylic wouldn't stick. My current client comes in every week and her polish looks terrible. I've tried buying new polish, new base coat and new top coat. The coats are thin and I clean the nail beds thoroughly to dehydrate them. I have no clue what could be causing this as my other clients nail polish can last for weeks. I also want to mention that she has ridges in her nails and says she wears gloves. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks!

Is your client using insect repellent before she goes to bed or is she in contact with it at some time without washing her hands immediately after use? Or other chemicals perhaps?
I once knew of a client that travelled to a very hot country for a wedding, her nails looked really gorgeous and whilst there she had to use insect repellent due to mosquitoes. Quite simply her nail polish just slid off..... nightmare.
Some clients are hopeless cases and pay no attention to home care. In her case just take the money and make them look decent even if she has no inclination to look after them. Offer nail oil etc, etc. Home care advice too.
Is she actually complaining about the weekly visit? If not you can only just do your best.
Ridges? I usually see this in older clients, plus 55's and arthritic fingers.
Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply! Now that I'm thinking about it, two things that stand out that she's told me is that she has many allergies to chemicals etc and also since this is a senior client, she might be pulling up ted hose which destroys the nails. I'm thinking this is what it might be. Thanks

Latest posts

Back