"Afraid" to give honest critique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VHunter

Reaction score
Something has come to mind...... and I'm a tad boggled by it.

Most recently, I have posted critique threads of my L&P nails from my recent course.

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
I 'think' that I'm easy going enough that people don't feel threatened to be honest and straight up with me?? I'd like to think that I'm open to constructive critique, even the harshest? I feel that I'm open to tid-bits and ideas of how to improve, via technique or other...

And yet...... I have two threads ASKING for critique... that have less views and responses THAN the thread I posted for the 'montreal master' who doesn't even ask for our critique (not directly, anyway.... because if you post on the web, you have to risk taking what comes at you...)

Also, why do some feel that they can not critique? They have taken their courses.... they should know about the apex and smile lines and flush at zone 3 etc... So even if while they haven't perfected that skill.... can they not find the flaws and comment on them. BECAUSE if you can't see the flaws yourself, then how do you improve your own skills?

And yes, I have some idea of my flaws BUT my own views of my work will always be biased, of course.... one way or the other, so I deeply value the opinions of my peers AND even when I get it 'right'.... I like to know that I got it right? Lastly... if I'm doing great considering how early on this is in my L&P career... am I on track? Or am I 'behind' and not progressing as I should? What do I need to focus on MORE...

Anyway... back to my original question: WHY are people afraid to 'critique'? It's not a negative thing. It's meant to be constructive and to help us to grow.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back