Aftercare Advice Leaflets???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Marie*

Reaction score
Hiya :biggrin:

I am wanting to make an Aftercare Advice Leaflet for my clients for L&P extensions...but not sure where to start or is there a site I can get ideas for how to write it incase I miss some crucial advice out! Never been good at the theory side of things!!!

Any help & advice much appreciated....thanx xxx

you could put:

apply cuticle oil daily
always wear gloves when using water or detergents
never pick,bite or pull off your enhancements
never use your nails as tools
use onlynon-acetone nail varnish remover
always use a base coat to prevent staining
have regular maintenance to keep your nails in tip top condition

Im sure there are loads of things but there are a few to get you started! x

iwould get some from creative they look gr8 and say all you need to know also they are very reasonably priced
best wishes
xxx

Thanx alot, those will get me started nicely

xxx

if you want a copy of mine you are more than welcome to pm me x

Hi. Here is what I used to give to my customers in England. Hope it helps.

Leni

Caring for Your New Nails at Home

In caring for your new nails, you may need to modify some bad habits. Your new nails are strong, but not unbreakable. You’ll need to treat them properly to keep them looking great for a long time.
1.[font=&quot] [/font]Be very deliberate when using your hands. Start using the ball of your finger and your knuckles instead of your nails.

2.[font=&quot] [/font]Always use the proper tool! Your nails were NOT created to be used as a screwdriver, can opener, and the ultimate-unwedger-of-all-things!

3.[font=&quot] [/font]Do not leave your hands in water for long periods of time. Water eventually breaks down just about everything including nail adhesive.

4.[font=&quot] [/font]The nails should never be clipped, picked, nipped, or pulled off. That will guarantee damaged nails!

5.[font=&quot] [/font]Do not try to remove them.

6.[font=&quot] [/font]Do not put your nails in harsh chemicals such as cleaning products. Wear gloves when gardening, washing dishes, and any heavy duty cleaning. Don’t wear them for too long, however, because they will cause a humid atmosphere, which makes the acrylic soft and lifts the acrylic from the natural nail.

7.[font=&quot] [/font]Use acetone free varnish remover.

8.[font=&quot] [/font]It is important not to change your polish more than once a week. Polish removers can leave deposits on your nail product, which can eventually cause the product to deteriorate and cause breakage and lifting.

9.[font=&quot] [/font]If any area of lifting is noticed (a while area under the overlay) return for repair. Do not leave it as water can get under and get trapped which may cause infection.

10.[font=&quot] [/font]If any other changes are noticed such as discolouration, redness or a rash on the skin, return immediately.

11.[font=&quot] [/font]Apply cuticle oil every day. This will help to keep your skin looking healthy and promote flexibility in your nails. Apply hand cream whenever you wash your hands but No hand creams, body lotions, baby oil, etc, that contain LANOLIN should be used. Some shampoos and conditioners contain this. Shampoos like Pantene, Flex, Organics, Timotei and Elvive, Clarins beauty products have been known to affect the acrylic, but also check conditioners. Try not to use products that contain mineral oils such as Radox.

12.[font=&quot] [/font]Do not miss maintenance appointments.

How Long Will They Last?

The less pressure put on your new nails, the longer they will last. Just playing with a paper clip by bending it back and forth will eventually break it, so will your nails. They can only take so much pressure before they crack and/or break so treat your new nails with the same care that you would if your natural nails were the same length. Remember nail enhancements are extensions of your own nail and not a nail transplant.

Your new nails will need to be maintained every 2 to 3 weeks. Maintenance work includes re-filing and re-shaping of the nail, repair of any breakage, cracking, or lifting, fill-in and rebalance of new growth, and polish, if desired. When you do come in for any nail service, please remove your polish before your appointment. By having your nails regularly maintained, you will avoid most of the problems associated with artificial enhancements.

That is brilliant...thank you soooo much!!! :hug:

leni said:
Hi. Here is what I used to give to my customers in England. Hope it helps.

Leni

Caring for Your New Nails at Home

In caring for your new nails, you may need to modify some bad habits. Your new nails are strong, but not unbreakable. You’ll need to treat them properly to keep them looking great for a long time.

1.[font=&quot] [/font]Be very deliberate when using your hands. Start using the ball of your finger and your knuckles instead of your nails.

2.[font=&quot] [/font]Always use the proper tool! Your nails were NOT created to be used as a screwdriver, can opener, and the ultimate-unwedger-of-all-things!

3.[font=&quot] [/font]Do not leave your hands in water for long periods of time. Water eventually breaks down just about everything including nail adhesive.

4.[font=&quot] [/font]The nails should never be clipped, picked, nipped, or pulled off. That will guarantee damaged nails!

5.[font=&quot] [/font]Do not try to remove them.

6.[font=&quot] [/font]Do not put your nails in harsh chemicals such as cleaning products. Wear gloves when gardening, washing dishes, and any heavy duty cleaning. Don’t wear them for too long, however, because they will cause a humid atmosphere, which makes the acrylic soft and lifts the acrylic from the natural nail.

7.[font=&quot] [/font]Use acetone free varnish remover.

8.[font=&quot] [/font]It is important not to change your polish more than once a week. Polish removers can leave deposits on your nail product, which can eventually cause the product to deteriorate and cause breakage and lifting.

9.[font=&quot] [/font]If any area of lifting is noticed (a while area under the overlay) return for repair. Do not leave it as water can get under and get trapped which may cause infection.

10.[font=&quot] [/font]If any other changes are noticed such as discolouration, redness or a rash on the skin, return immediately.

11.[font=&quot] [/font]Apply cuticle oil every day. This will help to keep your skin looking healthy and promote flexibility in your nails. Apply hand cream whenever you wash your hands but No hand creams, body lotions, baby oil, etc, that contain LANOLIN should be used. Some shampoos and conditioners contain this. Shampoos like Pantene, Flex, Organics, Timotei and Elvive, Clarinsbeauty productshave been known to affect the acrylic, but also check conditioners. Try not to use products that contain mineral oils such as Radox.

12.[font=&quot] [/font]Do not miss maintenance appointments.

How Long Will They Last?

The less pressure put on your new nails, the longer they will last. Just playing with a paper clip by bending it back and forth will eventually break it, so will your nails. They can only take so much pressure before they crack and/or break so treat your new nails with the same care that you would if your natural nails were the same length. Remember nail enhancements are extensions of your own nail and not a nail transplant.

Your new nails will need to be maintained every 2 to 3 weeks. Maintenance work includes re-filing and re-shaping of the nail, repair of any breakage, cracking, or lifting, fill-in and rebalance of new growth, and polish, if desired. When you do come in for any nail service, please remove your polish before your appointment. By having your nails regularly maintained, you will avoid most of the problems associated with artificial enhancements.

Hiya

I use the creative ones, they look professional and give all the important information.

Latest posts

Back