airbrush crimpling up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfect ten

Reaction score
is there any geeks out there that airbrush....whenever i put the top coat on, the air brush paint starts to crimple up like an old pleeted skirt.
what can be causing this?

I am not an airbrushing expert but are you perhaps applying the paint too think. Nice thin coats are best.

Perhaps pm Rachel (aka Chocolate) who is an expert in that dept. Also Jackie Mc is fab at airbrushing.

It could also be your top coat. What type of top coat do you use?

i used createx airbrush paint and i tried my both top coats on the whole hand i tried a top coat from (all things nails) on the little finger and ring finger, and top coat from( media) on the middle, index and thumb and they both crimlped up the createx airbrush paint.
so i took it off and used my old airbrush paint from media then media varnish and then media top coat and it was fine.
another thing i noticed is the createx paint is thicker than the media paint.

I understand now. Createx aren't really designed to be used for nailart, they're basically designed for airbrushing t-shirts, portraits, etc.
When your Medea runs out you could always try Schmincke areopro colours, they are for the airbrush and I haven't had a problem using them for nail art, just have to remember to spray very finely and slowly build up the layers.
HTH

PS: Have checked and they do sell them in Sweden, here's the link
http://www.schmincke.de/data/content/uk/uk_index.htm

I have used Createx paints with no problems..if the paint is to thick thin it with a little water to get the right consistency.. just make sure that you are layering the colours, thin coats rather than trying to get covering all in one blast....
Paint will crinkle if it isn't dry, when you apply your top coat.....this will pull the colouring away from the nail like a pleated skirt....
HTH

i was trying to cover it all in one blast, i really love the colors i bought they are so vibrant, i'll try thinning it with water and not covering it all in one blast. :hug: thanks

your problem is that you are spraying the paint on to wet, so when you apply your top coat this will cause your work to crinkle and crack.

Thank you for the Pm. I think all the above is the right advice. It is probably the wet paint and some combinations of top coats, paints etc dont always work together.

I always use Medea base, Medea paints, Medea spray varnish on a french and then Medea top coat. Been doing that for years and only fails if the paint is to wet. Build it up slowley, like making layers of a sarnie!

I will try to email you my 20 page airbrushing guide but im not great on a computer so let me know if you dot get it!!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back