Tiny Nail Bump On/Underneath Natural Nail - Should I be worried?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charchi

Reaction score
Hey all!
Just a little background with this, I had gel nails put on for the first time in December and a couple hours ago had them removed via a soak off appointment (at a different salon).
It took almost an hour and a half and I was pretty scared at how my natural nails looked after the process, being very scratched (I didn't have a file/polish appointment afterwards but it was enough to make me worry a bit). There was a lot of peeling and scratching since the coats were quite thick and stubborn to take off as I watched it being done.

Frantically after getting home I began trying to file off the scratches in an attempt to salvage the appearance (I have always had good quality nails since they had been untouched before and I do look after them), buffed them and also cut the ends to be shorter.

After doing so, I noticed that on one nail a really small looking air bubble appeared underneath. Needless to say, I did stop filing afterwards to prevent it causing any additional trauma to the others, however the rest don't have this.

Is this something I should be worried about at all and is there a specific name for it? I've tried Googling but can only find white spots or nail separation which looked quite different (at least from the images I was seeing online).
You can only really see it more clearly in certain lighting and the bump itself from the side is more noticeable in comparison to my other nails.

Would super appreciate some experienced advice here if it's something I should be wary of, or if it it should heal with time and any recommendations to help with it at all? Filing it down to match the others did come to mind but I wanted to check here first in case it could cause any future issues.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read this! :)

Attachments

• nailbump.png
    nailbump.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back