Airbrush or HVLP for doing spray tan???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss astrid

Reaction score
I am contemplating buying a spray tan machine and would love some advice on what to go for, I have been doing tans for years in work and always used the HVLP .
Airbrush I only used for nail art and body art, are they any good for doing spray tans, does it take longer, can I still use any solution with them.
HELP!!! PLZ
Astrid

I have limited experience with the air brush but i much prefer the HVLP system hth

Hi Astrid

The HVLP is a far better investment if you're trying to decide which to go for. The airbrush will take longer and you could use any solution, however the HVLP is much quicker and can really cut down on your actual 'spraying time' thus allowing you to fit more clients in...

I can give you the lo-down on HVLP machines if you would like more info ... Pm me if you do (wouldn't want to bore others reading the thread)..hth :)

HVLP every time. I used to do tans with airbrush as I also do airbrush nails. Invested in HVLP 2 years ago and wish I had sooner. Better late than never. I find the HVLP much faster, less solution and dries immediately. :)

I started out using an airbrush and compressor and even though it gave a good coverage and tan, it took double the time and there was far too much overspray.

I was soon converted when shown the HVLP machines.... never looked back.. just no comparison in my eyes :)

:hug:

Thanks for this everybody,
I kinda had an idea but wasn't quite sure,
I will go for a HVLP just have to find the right one now:eek:
Thanks a million to all that replied
Astrid

Latest posts

Back