Algologie does anyone use their products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just had an Algologie rep to come and see me today and really liked the facial (choclate) and the body wrap (choclate) I was just wondering if anyone used them already and what they thought?:confused: it seemed to be to be quite expensive for their products and not making much on the retail side of things :rolleyes:

I would just like to know if any of you already use it and what you think and is it worth the money coz I feel I'm still building my biz and want minimul outlay but also need to update my facial products etc!

Any info you have on these products I would really appreciate

Thanks in advance:hug:

Kate xxx

Hi I have lots of samples of Algologie at the moment, it is a range I am considering too! Loving what I've tried so far.

Glamour Beauty is your lady to ask - she knows all about it and also if you try searching the posts there is quite a lot of info about the products.

Hope that helps! xx

Hi Kate,

I personally have never used those products before...sorry! I would just like to say though that if you are starting your new business then minimal expenditure is crucial so before deciding on whether to go for that particular brand or not - get heaps of feedback from friends, clients....everyone basically!! Ask them if they would consider paying X amount for a treatment/product etc...I'm sure you'll make the right decision that way.

All the best :)

Hi I have lots of samples of Algologie at the moment, it is a range I am considering too! Loving what I've tried so far.

Glamour Beauty is your lady to ask - she knows all about it and also if you try searching the posts there is quite a lot of info about the products.

Hope that helps! xx

Thanks for your help I do like it tooo very mush I like the feel of it on the skin but not sure which way to go as the rep I had I feel didn't have much info on the way to buy it. Can I just do a search at the top for Glamour Beauty I'd love to know more as I'm very keen to offer it to my clients:)

Thanks again

Kate xxxxx:hug:

Hi Kate,

I personally have never used those products before...sorry! I would just like to say though that if you are starting your new business then minimal expenditure is crucial so before deciding on whether to go for that particular brand or not - get heaps of feedback from friends, clients....everyone basically!! Ask them if they would consider paying X amount for a treatment/product etc...I'm sure you'll make the right decision that way.

All the best :)

Thanks for the advice, that's how I feel but I do need to offer a better range but I'm not doing enough clients I feel to warrant a big expenditure the good thing about these ppl is that you don't have a minimum order so that's one good thing but where do you start that's my dilemma at the mo and yes will ask on here more ppl before I decide.

Thanks again

Kate xxxx:hug:

If you want to have a look on my profile page Glamour Beauty is listed on my friends. xx

:hug:
Hi Everyone,

I just had an Algologie rep to come and see me today and really liked the facial (choclate) and the body wrap (choclate) I was just wondering if anyone used them already and what they thought?:confused: it seemed to be to be quite expensive for their products and not making much on the retail side of things :rolleyes:

I would just like to know if any of you already use it and what you think and is it worth the money coz I feel I'm still building my biz and want minimul outlay but also need to update my facial products etc!

Any info you have on these products I would really appreciate

Thanks in advance:hug:

I work for Algologie and will hopefully be able to answer any any queries you may have. I will be able to give you all the information and costings needed. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using Algologie in my salon for the last 2-3 years & LOVE the products.

I used to use a very popular British company and did do for 15 years but when they started supplying most of my competitors I stopped using them. I liked their products & they gave quite good results but with Algologie I find the results are more of a WOW. Algologie used to be my secondary range, but I phased the other one out.

Clients much prefer these products as they get much better results, and sooner.

There's a great choice of body treatments that are really nice to do & have done. With most of the treatments, be it face or body, your skin is left incredibly soft afterwards.

I don't do Algologie's chocolate treatments (I use another company for this) so can't comment on them. What I would say though is that choccie treatments are very personal & not everybody likes them. They like to eat it, but not be covered in it. If you're just starting out and on a budget, I think there are more appropriate treatments to go for. The Lifestyle Treatment that they offer is FABULOUS.

As GLAMOUR BEAUTY mentions, either she or your rep should be able to come up with a cost-effective starter kit that won't break the bank. Her thread http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/68915-its-all-i-can-afford-i-know-its-not-best.html makes for good reading.

I do have to disagree with you though about the retail prices. I think for the quality of product, the prices are very reasonable and the mark up % is on a par with most other companies.

I have mentioned this on previous threads, but try one of the serums. I love, love, love them - so do the clients.

Another bonus if you go with Algologie is that JICA, the distributers, also do JICA Lash Extension. See http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/...es-longer-instantly-best-thing-ive-tried.html

Anyway, I think I've waffled on enough for now. As I don't work for Algologie/Jica I am totally unbiased about the products. (No offence meant to GB). If you need any further questions amswered, you know where I am :) x

I had the rep out too as I was interested in the choc wrap and facial. they looked quite nice, but after doing some market research decided not to go ahead with it.

I have not used Algologie before and tbh I had never heard of it until it started being mention all the time on this site.

It doesn't say on your profile if you are mobile/home/salon based but depending on your needs and clientele you need a range that is going to suit you both. There is no point getting a range that has expensive retail products if you clients can't afford it/don't want to pay more than £20 etc otherwise you are going to be stuck with endless amounts of retail.

What products do you use at the moment and how much do you charge ?

I have not used Algologie before and tbh I had never heard of it until it started being mention all the time on this site.

It doesn't say on your profile if you are mobile/home/salon based but depending on your needs and clientele you need a range that is going to suit you both. There is no point getting a range that has expensive retail products if you clients can't afford it/don't want to pay more than £20 etc otherwise you are going to be stuck with endless amounts of retail.

What products do you use at the moment and how much do you charge ?

Yes I do agree with you, retail products which are expensive cannot be bought by everybody only clients with a high budget. Getting a range with a retail range that has a reasonable rrp has a wider client base and you will be able to sell more stock so that means less dusting on the shelves.

:grr:

I have recently introduced the Algologie Hot Stone and Thai Pinda treatments into my salon. The clients love it and the therapists are enjoying doing the treatments. I have also ordered the chocolate facial and body range.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any other questions about the products.

Vanessa

I trained with Algologie. It has been fairly well known in AUstralia for a few years. They have some lovely products, especially the oily and sensitive ranges. I think it was the detox(?) facial I used to have & it was awesome.

Latest posts

Back