All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
As the title implies, I would like to invite all your technical questions about the amazing BRISA Lite removable gel system of gels to be posted here.

NOTICE I say ... TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ... Questions re application, the science behind Brisa Lite, the pricing of the Brisa Lite services etc.

I do not want one single post in this thread about orders !! Not one single post about classes!! Not one single post about how fantastic the service is at S2 !! Just your technical questions.

Also if you wish to thank someone for their answer to your question, PLEASE click on the heart in their post. Please do not post messages of thanks in the thread .. it's nice, but 'thankyous' clog up the thread and are meant to be a private message or a 'heart' as per site rules.

The other Brisa Lite thread is entirely muddied up now with all of the above and technical questions are being repeated because no one wants to spend any time or effort to search for the answers through 70 pages of over 900 posts. My colleagues and I do not however wish to keep repeating the same answers to those same questions so ....

You are welcome to post or even repeat all of the technical questions here in this thread so we have a nice organised thread of good information for all. :lol:

Last edited:
Hi

I wondered can I add glitter to brisa lite sculpting clear to make glitter tips like I would with other hard gels? normally I would add and mix a bit of gel and glitter on my thumb pallete then add to nail tip as needed then cure, if so approx what would the ratio be please

Thanks

Hi

I wondered can I add glitter to brisa lite sculpting clear to make glitter tips like I would with other hard gels? normally I would add and mix a bit of gel and glitter on my thumb pallete then add to nail tip as needed then cure, if so approx what would the ratio be please

Thanks

Yes you can and the ratio is the same as always. No more than 30% glitter to the gel.

Can Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel be used for crystal Toes? x

Morning Geeg, thank you for this thread, I have one..

Why does Brisa Lite only require PEP not PREP? I'm Brisa trained, although a L&P girl at heart and confused how PEP can be sufficient? (Apologies if I'm wrong but I think I read PEP on the other thread but like you say, it got too cumbersome with order/bag/excitment posts)

Thank you

Originally Posted by jowilliams2410
Does anyone know the removal times for both gels? I am assuming sculpting is longer than smoothing gel, also do we just use the wraps and CND Nourishing Remover?

15 minutes for Smoothing + Shellac
30 minutes for Sculpting + Shellac

Remove the same has you would for Shellac nails. Nourishing remover and wraps. Xx

Does one have to be trained in Brisa in order to use Brisa Lite?

Can Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel be used for crystal Toes? x
I can't see any reason why it couldn't be used in that service. If you feel the client needs it for particularly ridged toes then by all means.

Last edited:
Can Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel be used over clear tips?

I understand the tips will disolve during the soak off process but will it cure sufficiently

Thank you

Thank you for this thread.

How much time would you allow & please can you advise on price guides xx

Why does Brisa Lite only require PEP not PREP? I'm Brisa trained, although a L&P girl at heart and confused how PEP can be sufficient? (Apologies if I'm wrong but I think I read PEP on the other thread but like you say, it got too cumbersome with order/bag/excitment posts)

Thank you

The reason it is only PEP is that .. CND has just released another FIRST for the nail industry. There is absolutely nothing else like it.

Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing Gel ... To be used as a partner with Shellac for clients who need a bit more help with their challenged nails.

And .....

Brisa Light Removable Sculpting Gel is for permanent enhancements that can be rebalanced continually (just like BRISA hard gel) or for creating short term shape and length for a client who would like to have it soaked off and removed after a special occasion.

** This enhancement gel is the very first truly removable enhancement gel that requires no shine removal from the natural nails ... In other words no nail buffing prior to application or removal.

** This remarkable gel is 4 times easier to control and 5 times easier to remove and 10 times tougher than any other gel in the same category of soak off gels.

What will interest your clients is ....
There is no nail buffing or shine removal when you wear Brisa Lite. There is far less time that they need to commit to removal as the removal is complete in 30 minutes or less ( if you're like me and don't work too think). All the Shellac colours they love can of course be applied to Brisa Lite. Another couple of fantastic points are ... there is virtually no heat spike and there is no yellowing.
All things they are having to experience now with other gels. Your clients are going to WANT to use Brisa Lite and will be asking you to use it. Win win.

And that is just a little information for starters. :lol:

I have a client in a few weeks who is getting married, I was going to do l&p as easy to remove rather than my nsi buff of gels as she normally does not wear enhancements/tips just natural short nails and shellac, but she wants longer nails for her wedding, I would much prefer to use the brisa lite sculpting as no buffing so much nicer and easier to remove, but she really wants white tips which have the hearts cut out already, she would be wearing them for 16 days due to their honeymoon, could I use brisa lite sculpting clear over these white tip instead of l&p ??

Can Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel be used over clear tips?

I understand the tips will disolve during the soak off process but will it cure sufficiently

Thank you

Yes you would use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel over a clear tip if you choose to tip rather than sculpt with it.

Thank you for this thread.

How much time would you allow & please can you advise on price guides xx

OK ... Recommended

If ... You are just applying the BRISA Lite removable Smoothing gel (base coat, smoothing gel and top coat) then we recommend that you charge the same as your normal Shellac service.
If ... you are adding polish on the top then you could charge extra, but I personally wouldn't because I would look at it as an opportunity to retail both Solar Oil and a polish colour and the whole service takes about the same time as a normal Shellac service.

If ... you are using the BRISA Lite removable Smoothing gel plus a Shellac service on the top, then we recommend that you charge an extra 20% to the service price.

If ... You are applying a full set of the Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel, we recommend you charge your normal full set price for a set of gel nails.

Nothing too complicated there! :lol: Hope this helps.

Does one have to be trained in Brisa in order to use Brisa Lite?

If you are qualified in another gel then you will be able of course to buy Brisa Lite ... BUT ... As always you, along with everyone else will benefit by training with Brisa Lite too ... It IS different .. It will help you to use Brisa lite better if you learn about the products, the 'tricks' that go along with great application and knowing chemically HOW the product works will help you to trouble shoot any potential problems you may have if you don't understand those things.

We always recommend training and you know it makes sense to do it. However, if you are trained in gel, we of course respect that and there will not be a barrier to purchasing Brisa Lite for trained individuals ... But I do strongly recommend a class to aid in your success with the products.

I have a client in a few weeks who is getting married, I was going to do l&p as easy to remove rather than my nsi buff of gels as she normally does not wear enhancements/tips just natural short nails and shellac, but she wants longer nails for her wedding, I would much prefer to use the brisa lite sculpting as no buffing so much nicer and easier to remove, but she really wants white tips which have the hearts cut out already, she would be wearing them for 16 days due to their honeymoon, could I use brisa lite sculpting clear over these white tip instead of l&p ??

Good question ... Officially CND always recommend that for complete cure, you use clear tips, or sculpt and add your own nail art to the enhancement.

When applying the smoothing gel, do I just apply it like you would the base/colour/top coat? or is there another technique for applying the smoothing gel? Also do you have to give the top & base coat a good shake like Shellac?

Shelley X :)

When applying the smoothing gel, do I just apply it like you would the base/colour/top coat? or is there another technique for applying the smoothing gel? Also do you have to give the top & base coat a good shake like Shellac?

Shelley X :)

Just a normal shake as always and apply the brisa lite base coat and then the smoothing gel as you would a coat of Shellac colour, sealing all edges. and that is it.

Thank you

Brisa Lite requires PEP, not PREP to adhere beautifully to the natural nail and last without lifting for 3 weeks +
The way Brisa Lite adheres to the natural nail is different from Brisa gel or L&P.

I know it sounds unbelievable! I didn't fully believe it myself till I'd created my first full set of Brisa Lite Enhancements (sculpted on forms using the Brisa Lite Sculpting Gels) and saw it for my self. That was just over 2 weeks ago and I am delighted to say they look incredible still, with no lifting.

This product is the only nail enhancement system in the world that adheres to the natural nail without the need for shine removal. It's what we've always dreamed of! :)

I am supposed to be starting CND naturally & L&P in April. Since the announcement of Brisa Lite I have decided I would prefer to use this as my enhancement option. I understand I will need to do the Brisa Lite Training but my question is as I need to be enhancement trained first would it be better to switch my course to CND naturally & Brisa as my long term intention is to use Brisa Lite Sculpting for enhancements?

Latest posts

Back