Allergic reaction-please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJL

Reaction score
Hi,
I use Lycon wax .. And never had a problem for 22 yrs! Ive waxed this particular client 5 times before but on the last time she said her eyebrows had swelled a little and her bikini was like a nettle rash. ( after honeymoon) Anyway, she booked in again and I said I thought we shouldn't wax but, she said to go for a bikini tidy and that's all as she felt it would be ok. Well, she's just sent me picture of swellings on hips , knees, ankles etc!! I feel awful. Ive advised aloe Vera Nd anti histamine if she can ( advised by doctor) . But I really feel for her and don't actually think it's my fault? How could I have known as I've waxed her 4 times before with no reaction? :(

Please help with your opinions .. Much appreciated!

Sarah X

Hi,
I use Lycon wax .. And never had a problem for 22 yrs! Ive waxed this particular client 5 times before but on the last time she said her eyebrows had swelled a little and her bikini was like a nettle rash. ( after honeymoon) Anyway, she booked in again and I said I thought we shouldn't wax but, she said to go for a bikini tidy and that's all as she felt it would be ok. Well, she's just sent me picture of swellings on hips , knees, ankles etc!! I feel awful. Ive advised aloe Vera Nd anti histamine if she can ( advised by doctor) . But I really feel for her and don't actually think it's my fault? How could I have known as I've waxed her 4 times before with no reaction? :(

Please help with your opinions .. Much appreciated!

Sarah X

Ask for a GP note for if she wants treatment again to cover you and also check with your insurence company to see if they have any stipulations. Allergic reactions can happen at any time and usually they get worse with each reaction. I suffer quite badly from them myself :( I don't use lycon wax, have they changed any ingredients recently? It may be worth firing an email to Thier customer services just in case xx

Latest posts

Back