Annoyed at client - missed appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theden

Reaction score
Ok so I have this gent that come in but is always late he was supposed to be in on Saturday and turned up 2 hours late and still expected to be seen to I obviously informed him I was fully booked for the rest of the day so he rebooked for Monday Monday came and what a surprise no show then I've just noticed he's booked in again for later today this is about the 4th time he's done this really annoys me as I have loyal clients that would jump through hoops to have his appointment!!
Raaaahh rant over lol xx

3 strikes and he is out.

So if he doesn't turn up today then do not take any more appointments from him.

I had this off a woman, she missed 3 appointments so when she asked for a forth time I explained that I would need payment up front due to all the missed appointments. Surprisingly she didn't want to book anymore!!

I agree with Izzidoll, three strikes and you're out. I have started texting the offenders on my 'naughty' list. HTH and best of luck! :)

I used to have a lady like this, years ago i had my garage converted into my mini salon and this lady lived 2 doors away!!! She was always late...this progressed from 5 mins to 20 mins then to half an hour then the straw that broke the camels back...i was looking out the window waiting for her when she walked past with her dog??? I checked my book incase id made a mistake..nope she was booked in for her colour...half an hour later she came walking back with her dog....by this time im fuming...but still think if i hurry i could still get it done before my next appointment...oh no another half hour later (so hour late now) she turns up at the door 'hello sorry im a little late' 'Im sorry i cannot do you now i dont have enough time' i say.... 'oh ok i'll rebook' says she.. i reply with'Im sorry but you will have to find another hairdresser as enough is enough you are always late and really living 2 doors away you really dont need to be' ...haha her reply and said with a straight face.. 'i think your being a bit over the top...i just quickly took my dog for a walk and then had a quick sandwich..im here now!'
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

people mess around alot around xmas time. Im double booked myself and to be fair it is annoying but sometimes clients do forget we have lives too.

Im not going to suggest the three stikes and your out when it comes to hair, i simply put them on cancellations list, which is something kept by the phone and it incurs a downpayment fee. In fact i would also mention due to the cancelled appointments you would normally charge but your in forgiving mood. (this will work)

I do remember that xmas is stressful, and in that outlook im more generous over xmas, any other time i would be pretty peed of! xoxo

He actually turned up today and 15 minutes early !! X

One year I got so fed up with all the cancellations I was getting & decided to have a cancellation policy just like my dentist.
The funny thing is that the only people that got funny about my fees were the ones that kept cancelling me & mucking me about!

I used to say to my client... 'what would you say if your boss said you could go home an hour early today'? They used to say... Ahh great! I would then say and just as you go out the door he says 'by the way I am stopping you an hours money... What would you say then'? They would say... Not so b****y lightly - my response was 'well when you cancel me - that's what you are doing to me! They usually got it in the end! It's good to remind clients that when we don't work... We don't earn money! I like to remind them that I have bills to pay too!

My cancellation policy is 48 hours notice as is my dentist & a fixed fee charge. Best to always have your terms & conditions printed on an appointment card & make us each client gets given it. That way it saves any embarrassment. A standard 'polite' letter making the request usually helps.

I found that constant offends only mad me resentful & miserable & most clients are ok. Get rid of the offenders and let someone else take the crap. Mind you if we all stuck together on this subject then it would be a thing of the past for all of us!

I empathise , i had a last min cancellation tonight, and i mean i was litterally on my way out of door........i send confirmation txt this afternoon and if wasnt for fact i contacted her not even sure she would have told me :eek: but was just on my way to car when i got news :rolleyes:

Happend too me once yesterday and again today and im fully booked and have turned people away so i am pretty irratated right now so i sympathise with yu lol.. And isnt it funny how its always the same ones!! Next yr i will be taking a deposit from clients that have messed me about more than twice in a row.. This is my first xmas being self employed and apparently im learning the hard way lol :) i jus try and think of how many loyal and lovely clients i have instead!! X

I take deposits for anything over £30 :) put I've not had many recurring offenders x

Latest posts

Back