Another inept salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairangel

Reaction score
Hi
Just ranting as had a girl in for colour today who found us through referral, unfortunately she came to us after a local new salon. Simply loaded colour onto her hair and used a bucket !! By looks of it. My staff and myself then rang the salon for an insight into what they had done and why - pointless until they rang back and said sorry !! Told them their old client is upset and will be complaining to them.
Sorry about the long post but these salons seem to think that clients are simply a meal ticket and not a life long building step to a successful business.
Done now.....

Hi
Just ranting as had a girl in for colour today who found us through referral, unfortunately she came to us after a local new salon. Simply loaded colour onto her hair and used a bucket !! By looks of it. My staff and myself then rang the salon for an insight into what they had done and why - pointless until they rang back and said sorry !! Told them their old client is upset and will be complaining to them.
Sorry about the long post but these salons seem to think that clients are simply a meal ticket and not a life long building step to a successful business.
Done now.....

Is this a rant or a puzzle? haha.... I have no idea what you actually mean by this?

O M G!!
What an experiece I have had to day. A new client visited my Salon today for a colour correction service which after a long consultation and much deliberation we decided to carry the service out. The client was a nice base 10 but wanted caramel and honey shades so as the condition was not brill I opted for quasi colors instead of permanent tint (you know molecule sizes and all that) after cecking color at regular intervals and removing when processed the existing blonde that was not colored was so grey it looked blue needless to say much horror shot through my entire being!! Want to know more?reply to this

personally i wouldnt have carried it out, would of done the strand test, and saved alot of botheration from the sounds of things. Hmm it when blue ??? Bet the build up of colour and maybe a direct dye shampoo could of caused this. Did you not fill any of the colour back?

i personally will never comment on another salons work to my clients or anyone else as in my experience clients only tell us what they want us to know. They say they havnt used permanent colour when they clearly have regrowth they omit until you cross examin them about having bleached hilites under the colour aswell etc etc. its a hard game dealing with the public and aiming to make them happy...but i definitely would never call up another hairdresser and imagine that they would be happy to get my call :)

strand tests? pre-pig?
O M G!!
What an experiece I have had to day. A new client visited my Salon today for a colour correction service which after a long consultation and much deliberation we decided to carry the service out. The client was a nice base 10 but wanted caramel and honey shades so as the condition was not brill I opted for quasi colors instead of permanent tint (you know molecule sizes and all that) after cecking color at regular intervals and removing when processed the existing blonde that was not colored was so grey it looked blue needless to say much horror shot through my entire being!! Want to know more?reply to this

Thanx for your replies ladies all your comments have been noted. I have been in the hair and beauty business for over 20 years. My self and staff regularly update our skills and knowledge especially when dealing with color be it correction, application or removal. We have a very good reputation and are often asked to sort out mistakes. I agree that clients don't always tell the truth and so at my salon a Color Corection for must be completed and the usual skin/stand tests carried out. I think I must of taken a strand from where ther was very little existing hue. I'd just like to clarify that we are not in the habit of calling other salons but in this particular event we needed to know exactly what was used before as not all ash pigments are the same in every colour range. In my experience some ashes can just keep coming through no matter what you try. However,the problem was corrected the client left happy!!! Lessons have been learned, experience has been gained and confidence restored.

I had a client in who was really slagging off another local salon, saying that she went in wanting black underneath and bleach blonde on the top, and when they rinsed it off all the blond snapped off an inch from the root, I don't like anyone slagging off other hairdressers/salons, however I could see that what she said was true from the mess of her hair, I was surprised she didn't sue but I never said this, i found out later from her friend that she had actually coloured her hair herself at home- I was furious that she was blaming a salon for this!!!!! Always take what clients say with a pinch of salt!!

Another reason not to start slating another salon- you cannot always guarantee the client is telling the whole truth about the history of their hair colour.
Also the importance of a consultation strand + skin test. How many times have you had a client in wanting a colour saying there's nothing on it when you can tell there is.
It's not nice to start joining in with your clients when they're slagging off another salon. You wouldn't like it being done about you? It's unprofessional and quite petty, the client has come to you at the end of the day. Although you can get some shocking jobs left by other salons for you to pick up the pieces you shouldn't feel the need to go ahead and colour it asap. I've often made clients wait a couple of weeks or more to have some conditioning treatments to let their hair get in better condition. If it's true what they say about another salon mucking their hair up in the first place, they're not going to be hopping around salons letting any folk do their hair. I'm sure they would appreciate the advice and concern and your professional opinion.

Quick reply to comments made! The business of slagging off other salons/hairdressers is NOT in my remit. As I said before,in this particular event it was necessary to speak with the previous Salon professional to professional. Strand tests are not always the answer to every possible outcome and while we carry them out systematically threre are other factors to consider. It was only after a member of the clients party rang the previous salon in front of me that I had no choice but to speak to them. I didn't think I'd have to explain my actions in so much detail but there you go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back