Another question about Fabric#

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Here I go again ....

Looking for advice for rebalancing and repairs.

How do I deal with a crack in the stress area ...? (fine with gel - but no idea with the fabric)

How do I do a rebalance ... does it matter if I file into the existing fabric/silk (which I'm sure I will) - will this show through when I re-apply the resin?

Advice needed.

Thanks

Vicky

Two choices:

1. soak off and re apply. Easy and quick with wraps.
Benefits: Clarity, maximum strength, no loss of time as you can soak off while doing the other nails.

2. Etch out the crack with the side of your abrasive. Reapply and build up resin with a new stress strip over the crack.
Benefits: maybe speed but not necessarily
Drawbacks: you loose clarity and strength as you have a weak point in the enhancement.

Hi Geeg

Just what I wanted to hear - thanks. A breath of fresh air being able to soak and re-apply - something not possible with most gels.

Vicky

geeg said:
Two choices:

1. soak off and re apply. Easy and quick with wraps.
Benefits: Clarity, maximum strength, no loss of time as you can soak off while doing the other nails.

2. Etch out the crack with the side of your abrasive. Reapply and build up resin with a new stress strip over the crack.
Benefits: maybe speed but not necessarily
Drawbacks: you loose clarity and strength as you have a weak point in the enhancement.

Latest posts

Back