Answerphone Messages - whilst on holiday ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
Hi all

Whats the best thing / message to put on your mobile phone when you go on holiday, for new client enquiries?? For info - I own and run the salon by myself.

I thought of letting people know that i am away and the date im returning - but then i thought OMG my full address is in the yellow pages and other advertising and therefore Id be advertising a fab opportunity for my house / salon to be burgled ?!!:eek:

I dont want people to be ringing during the two week period and thinking im either out of business or too rude and thoughtless not to ring them back if they left a message

Is there something obvious i should be doing that i just havent thought of ??

kx

Hi Karren!
I understand your concerns totally. Why not say something like: " Thank-you for calling [salon name]. Unfortunately the salon is closed for appointments until [date] (you could add a bit here saying "due to training" or something like that?? - mind you, then you'd have to lie about the training you'd done!!)...
please leave a message after the tone as the answerphone will be checked daily..."

This will make it sound like you're not really away and you can explain to your regulars that you will be on holiday so they don't get confused??
hope this is slightly helpful?!?

Karren said:
Hi all

Whats the best thing / message to put on your mobile phone when you go on holiday, for new client enquiries?? For info - I own and run the salon by myself.

I thought of letting people know that i am away and the date im returning - but then i thought OMG my full address is in the yellow pages and other advertising and therefore Id be advertising a fab opportunity for my house / salon to be burgled ?!!:eek:

I dont want people to be ringing during the two week period and thinking im either out of business or too rude and thoughtless not to ring them back if they left a message

Is there something obvious i should be doing that i just havent thought of ??

kx

thanks Bud thats a great idea

i advertise "Private Home Salon" - i changed my advertising to include this following feedback from clients on my earlier advertising - am i worrying too much ?

Gosh im a terrible fibber - you can see right through me! but then i am undertaking alot of training this year so wouldnt be toooooooooo naughty eh ?!

kx

Bud said:
Hi Karren!
I understand your concerns totally. Why not say something like: " Thank-you for calling [salon name]. Unfortunately the salon is closed for appointments until [date] (you could add a bit here saying "due to training" or something like that?? - mind you, then you'd have to lie about the training you'd done!!)...
please leave a message after the tone as the answerphone will be checked daily..."

This will make it sound like you're not really away and you can explain to your regulars that you will be on holiday so they don't get confused??
hope this is slightly helpful?!?

Hi Karren

I am off on hols soon too, cant wait to get some sunshine.

Anyway, I am going to take my mobile with me and check every few days. My regular clients will know I am away, so really it is only checking for new one. have done so much advertising lately, I would hate to loose any new clients due to my hols.

Anyway, hope you have a good break.

Karin x

Thanks hun - im not off til later in the year - I just like to be prepared !

Hey have a fab holiday yourself - we should meet up again soon hun - check diaries when you get back.

kx

Karin said:
Hi Karren

I am off on hols soon too, cant wait to get some sunshine.

Anyway, I am going to take my mobile with me and check every few days. My regular clients will know I am away, so really it is only checking for new one. have done so much advertising lately, I would hate to loose any new clients due to my hols.

Anyway, hope you have a good break.

Karin x

i wouldn't worry too much about changing advertising again, it's a tricky one isn't it?!

to be totally honest, i would probably fib a bit - but you may have to find an explanation for the tan?!?!

lmao thats easy .... i dont tan ! lol :irked:

kx

Bud said:
i wouldn't worry too much about changing advertising again, it's a tricky one isn't it?!

to be totally honest, i would probably fib a bit - but you may have to find an explanation for the tan?!?!

Latest posts

Back